× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re-registration problem - Netgear Stora

Alan518
Follower

Re-registration problem - Netgear Stora

I have a Netgear Stora, which I haven't used for a while, as the IP address was set to a number which my DHCP server couldn't cope with. I was told to do a factory reset - six lots of flashing lights on the reset button etc. I was then told that by typing mystora.com in a browser I'd be allowed to set up my accounts again and the data should be recoverable. I have a back up of the data, just in case. While trying to re-register I get the following error: Error message: Admin database in /var/lib/oe-admin/configdb.xml is corrupted at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/OEone/Admin/DB.pm line 244. Is this a Netgear problem or an internal problem with my Stora?
Message 1 of 2
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Re: Re-registration problem - Netgear Stora

Can you try to repair networking from option 3 of Netgear Stora software launcher?

If this won't help try option 1 "Setup your stora"

If both above does not help, try to pull the disks from unit and reset it to factory defaults - If I remember it right, with powered on unit, press and hold reset button and on 6th power LED flash release button. Procedure is here:

https://kb.netgear.com/20608/How-to-Reset-the-Stora-to-Factory-Defaults

Don't try to reset it in powered off state! It will either fireup firmware recovery, which is broken because recovery server is disabled, or Stora will try to boot in NFS/TFTP.

If you have SSH access to unit also, you can try to move that file somwhere and ( mv /var/lib/oe-admin/configdb.xml /root ) and reboot unit. If there is a backup of file unit will try to restore it. If backup does not exist, you will be back to option of factory defaults. Alternatively via SSH you can invoke /sbin/reset_to_defaults.sh to reset it at factory defaults. When you succeed with factory reset, register unit with same usename, password and unit name. Contact me on PM if you have more questions.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7