× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

STORA MS 2110 - Communication problem

Marc_Driver
Aspirant

STORA MS 2110 - Communication problem

Hello,

The old French forum dedicated to the STORA MS2110 having been closed, I address here to you on their advice.

My problem is that communication with my STORA is difficult.

If I use the explorer (I'm on Windows 10) I see it very well and I have permanently connected the "drives" that correspond to it.

If I use my browser (FIREFOX 57 in this case) I have access to all directories and I can do the necessary operations. It gets complicated if I want to change something in the configuration or even add a user.

If I use MyStora (https://www.mystora.com/homebase/), the connection is not achieved (see figure 1).Figure 1 - Access to STORA not possibleFigure 1 - Access to STORA not possibleFigure 2 - Access to STORA port forwarding testFigure 2 - Access to STORA port forwarding testFigure 3 - Accès impossible from SYNOLOGYFigure 3 - Accès impossible from SYNOLOGY

I have performed the requested checks including port forwarding test (see figure 2).

To help you help me, I want to say that STORA refuses to change your password!

So to summarize:

I see my STORA in Windows Explorer and I can do all the operations of copy - paste - cut - delete

I can't access my STORA through "MyStora. com."

I cannot change my password

I cannot make backups there via Cobian BackUp

I can run Windows Backup

I don't know how to get away with it!

Having no solution on the part of NETGEAR France, I went to SYNOLOGY from where I also have a NAS, to tell me why I couldn't communicate directly with NETGEAR.

Here is their answer:

-------- Start of quote

After trying to access your NAS, it looks like the key is disabled, as shown in the figure 3:

If the problem persists, please check the remote access.

This is a message indicating that the support key, which you sent us to try to access your SIN, has been disabled or expired.

Please check in the helpdesk to make sure that the key is activated.

------- End of quote

Somebody has an Idea ?

Marc

STORA MS2110

Numéro de produit : NGTW-XPFV-THGN-WTNM

Numéro de série : 2781997LOO4A5

MAC : 0026F20BECD7

Version logiciel : 2.6.2.0.0.426:1.2.329

Message 1 of 7
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Re: STORA MS 2110 - Communication problem

Route 1: Download Stora setup: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/MS2110/StoraSetup.zip

Unpack file and from launcher use option 4: Reset tools - this will reset to default networking and will allow you to change password.

Check on Windows 10 in Control panel (classic one) -> Programs and features -> add/remove windows components if SMB 1.0 components are installed. Use MS edge and allow Adobe flash player for Stora management page.

If above does not help:

Pull the hard drives from unit. Perform reset to factory defaults (With powered on unit!)

Procedure is here: https://kb.netgear.com/20608/How-to-Reset-the-Stora-to-Factory-Defaults

Register unit with Product key, same unit name as before and same username. Password can be either old one if you know it or new.

Power off unit, plug the disks back. Check if it helped.

If not - there might be a bad cell developed on flash and some files get broken. Send me PM for further instructions if all above failed.

Message 2 of 7
Marc_Driver
Aspirant

I have

Bonjour @Gitsov

Thank you for that detailed answer.
I answered late because I had a computer problem and I had to reinstall Windows 10 completely!
I don't know if this is what broke my Windows but it followed the fact that for manipulation 1 I tried to install SMB 1.0 (server I think).

Today the configuration is :STORA_Accès MyStora impossible-21_Composants W10_SMB1.JPG

Anyway I runned the setup, option 4 and the result is:

STORA_Accès MyStora impossible-22_Composants W10_SMB1.JPG

Before going to reset to factory default I would like to know if everything is good till now !

Message 3 of 7
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Can you re-upload images here or elsewhere. I can see only yellow triangles....

Message 4 of 7
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Apologies. They appeared (cleared browser cache). You should ENABLE/MARK options 1 and 2, option 3 in Windows control panel should be DISABLED.  I can see that you marked 1 and 3 and 2 is disabled. Try to correct settings, check IP for Stora in router DHCP table and try to ping that IP. Then try to open \\Stora_IP_address (replace STORA_IP_ADDRESS string wiht corect IP).

Message 5 of 7
Marc_Driver
Aspirant

@Gitsov

@Gitsov wrote:

You should ENABLE/MARK options 1 and 2, option 3 in Windows control panel should be DISABLED.  I can see that you marked 1 and 3 and 2 is disabled. Try to correct settings, check IP for Stora in router DHCP table and try to ping that IP. Then try to open \\Stora_IP_address (replace STORA_IP_ADDRESS string wiht corect IP).

I have marked the correct cases (1 and 2) and carried out the reset of my STORA.

The first result is that I can now change the password ! --> One problem is solved Smiley Happy

I have again fixed the IP.

I can also see all my files via my browser or Windows explorer --> like before !

If I use MyStora (https://www.mystora.com/homebase/), the connection is not achieved. The reply message vary (see figures 1 & 2), this until I see that I have not changed the password automatically filles by DASHLANE. Since that time, I cannot reach it at all ! Response time is too long !

I checked on other sites and my connection is good !

I go forward very slowly; as a summary :

• I see my STORA in Windows Explorer and I can do all the operations of copy - paste - cut - delete (same as before)
  • I can't access my STORA through "MyStora. com." (same as before)
  • I can change my password (success compared to before!)
  • I cannot make backups there via Cobian BackUp (same as before)
  • I cannot make backups from my SYNOLOGY to my STORA (same as before)
  • I can run WindowsBackup (same as before)

Hoping to hear again from you !

Message 6 of 7
Gitsov
Virtuoso

See inline:

-- I see my STORA in Windows Explorer and I can do all the operations of copy - paste - cut - delete (same as before)

Looks OK at that point. What about web interface?

• I can't access my STORA through "MyStora. com." (same as before)
    If you can access web interface, try to disable "remote access" setting. Reboot unit, leave it for a while with disabled option and enable it after let's say 24 hours.
  • I can change my password (success compared to before!)
    Looks OK?!
  • I cannot make backups there via Cobian BackUp (same as before)
    Make sure that you re-enter new credentials inside that software. To be honest I am hearing for it for a first time. That does not mean that it is bad or good. Just do not know how it works. If needed remove and then add account.
  • I cannot make backups from my SYNOLOGY to my STORA (same as before)
    What kind of backup you set? I personally moved my files via FTP with correct credentials for Stora account (i.e. I copied them via FTP) to my homebrew NAS (Quad Celeron J4105 + 8GB DDR4) , not tried and not interested to sync both units as Stora is now my toy for games and experiments. My files are mainly on 2TB drive attached to my DIR-860L via USB3 box and  2TB RAID5 NAS drive. At the moment I do not require to keep them in sync, but things can change in future. Check if you can rsync both units (however rsync is one way by design/default).
  • I can run WindowsBackup (same as before)
    So it's OK for that point? Yes?
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7