× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

STORA MS2000

Nirael
Follower

STORA MS2000

Hi. I need help with my Stora. I forgot my pass and i can´t reset device. i tried it through software on computer and device "downloading software" whole night and nothing changed. second time i use reset from the manual (really complicated). it stopped at blinking HDD LEDs orange and power light was still on. after whole day when nothing changed i turn it off and now cannot boot. are servers with firmware dead?is there any way how to download and flash firmware?

Model: MS2000|Media Server|EOL
Message 1 of 8
StephenB
Guru

Re: STORA MS2000

I'm moving this into the Stora forum.

Message 2 of 8
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Hello,

did you managed to return back in working state your Stora?

Message 3 of 8
Neojack
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the same problem...

I bought a second hand Stora and wen i made a factory reset, same result :(, this can be solved?

Thanks!!!

Message 4 of 8
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Hi,

Can you power on your Stora and send me a picture with lights on front panel of device?

If you hard reset it, probably there shouldn't be a problem with hardware or firmware. If you accidentally kicked firmware recovery procedure, probably flash is now empty and firmware needs to be recovered. How exactly you tried to reset it?

- power on with held pushed reset button

- power on, 15 sec wait interval and pushed reset button, held for a while

- reset button was pushed and held while Stora unit was "online" (i.e. in fully operatinal state - unit and it's share was visible in network)

Depending on what you did, results may greatly vary between just another power on/reboot, another try for factory defaults reset, or empty flash with missing firmware parts and bricked unit.

Message 5 of 8
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Also keep in mind that manual firmware restore will require litle bit more than average Linux knowledge, virtualization capable PC or at least knowledge of using and managing Linux from SSH or command shell. Also procedure itself has many pitfalls - how much bad blocks have on internal flash, does all the hardware is in healthy state and so on. Firmware recovery isn't universal cure for all non-working units.

Message 6 of 8
Neojack
Aspirant

I managed to recover my Stora.

Message 7 of 8
Gitsov
Virtuoso

I am glad that I was be able to help you.

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7