× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Second Hand Stora Woes

DeadNotStupid
Follower

Second Hand Stora Woes

I recently bought a 2nd hand Stora to use as an inexpensive media server. When I first plugged the device in it popped up in the sidebar of my Finder Window I clicked on it only to be greeted by a box asking for a name and password to connect to the device. I then decided to download the software from the support website, managed to get that downloaded and installed and when I opened the Setup Software there was already a green tick inthe 'Step 1: Setup your Stora'.

As this confirmed what I thought I found the instructions online to restore the factory settings on the device, and followed these. The Green tick is gone in the Setup Software but now when I click on it I am met with a screen asking me to plug in the device, make sure its connected to the network, and wait for the lights to stop flashing. I've been throug hteh rest procedure a couple of times. 

The finder winbdow can still see the device, I am still being asked for a name and password to connect. The Setup Software doesn't seem to be able to see the device to go through the set up process.

I'm on an iMac running macOS 10.14.6 if this helps anyone with any ideas about how I can get this set up to use properly. 

Model: MS2000|Media Server|EOL
Message 1 of 4
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Are you sure that BLUE LED on top is not blinking indefinitely?

If it does not stop blinking, probably you tried to recover firmware instead of resetting it to defaults. As recovery server is bricked at the moment, your unit is problably bricked. Try to remove all hard drives and power on unit. Let me know which led(s) are lit and which are blinking indefinitely. Depending on result I will try to return your unit back on the road.

Message 2 of 4
Rudcomp
Aspirant

Help, just bought a Stora ms200, had no details supplied. Mystora.com just keeps asking for a username and password... carried out a factory reset expecting mystora.com to let me setup a new account, no its just asking me for username and password which i havent got!

Please help.

Regards Martin

Message 3 of 4
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Reset is carried out via reset button *WHEN UNIT IS FULLY BOOTED/POWERED ON*

Turn it on, wait all LEDs to stop blinking. Press and keep reset button with thin screwdriver. Power and HDDs leds will begin to blink in series, after 6th blink serie release button.

More explanations here:

https://kb.netgear.com/20608/How-to-Reset-the-Stora-to-Factory-Defaults

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7