× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Second hand Stora

voodi
Follower

Second hand Stora

Hello,

I bought a second hand Stora nas but do not know the registration named used the first time, does someone knows a trick to bypass this initialization? I have a product key on the bottom though..

The wizard says: 

"Your Stora was unable to register with mystora.com. If this is not your first time registering the device, please ensure you are using the same Stora name you used before to register. Otherwise please contact support to renew your product key."

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Kees

Message 1 of 45
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @voodi,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 45
Draigh
Aspirant

I am in the same situation I was given one by a friend. I have asked for the details but he can't remember them as it has been some time since he used it. What are the options please.

Mike

Message 3 of 45
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Draigh,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 45
gani12
Aspirant

Hi My Son got me this Devices around 18 months ago nd I have forgotten all registration details

so did a factory reset on it and now at registration I keep getting the same message as the previous posts

if you could advise I would be most grateful.

This is the message I am getting also:

The wizard says: 

"Your Stora was unable to register with mystora.com. If this is not your first time registering the device, please ensure you are using the same Stora name you used before to register. Otherwise please contact support to renew your product key."

Thank you

Message 5 of 45
gani12
Aspirant

@ Dexter JB

Hi, I'm still stuck as I have no Idea how to go forward on this problem can you please provide a solution.

Message 6 of 45
RickInHouston
Aspirant

Re: Second hand Stora (NEED NEW PRODUCT KEY)

I am at http://stora/admin/wizards/setup/wrapper and halted at this error screen:

Not Completed

Your Stora was unable to register itself with mystora.com. Please consult the error message below, and email support@netgear.com if necessary.

Your Product Key needs to be renewed. Please contact support to obtain a new key.

Can you simply send me one or do I need to call someone?

If I understand correctly that it is necessary to get a new product key for some operations, then I think that my password file shows me that I have had two previous product keys, now both invalid apparently.

Thank you

Charles R. Wannall

Houston TX

Message 7 of 45
Loke
Aspirant

Re: Second hand Stora (NEED NEW PRODUCT KEY)

Hi i have the same problem with my  second hand stora

Your Stora was unable to register with mystora.com. If this is not your first time registering the device, please ensure you are using the same Stora name you used before to register. Otherwise please contact support to renew your product key.

Is there any solution on this?

Message 8 of 45
zanna
Aspirant

I have the same problem! Could you help me?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 45
zanna
Aspirant

Solved... the previous owner has remembered the name!

Message 10 of 45
neofox
Aspirant

Betreff: Second hand Stora

Hi community and especially support members,

i have also naively bought a second hand Stora (MS2000) unit and now have no ability to use it, because it is already registered and says contact support. BUT - I have searched the Netgear pages for almost half an hour now and have'nt found a single chance to contact anyone regarding this topic... so basically i am grounded on trying to get the Stora up and running. Can anyone help me?

big thanks in advance!

greetings

Message 11 of 45
Welshcheese
Aspirant

Hi 

I have the same problem purchased 2 second hand Stora's and cannot set them up as it says the same as other posters. 

'Your Stora was unable to register with mystora.com. If this is not your first time registering the device, please ensure you are using the same Stora name you used before to register. Otherwise please contact support to renew your product key.'

Hope you can help

Message 12 of 45
neofox
Aspirant

My solution to the problem:
I managed to contact the support on the phone and they gave my case to the technical support, where they were able to lookup the old names of my stora. Took about a week, i renamed it, but my stora is now up and running. You need the original product key of your storas, though.
Message 13 of 45
Welshcheese
Aspirant

Hi thanks for the reply.

I don't want to pay $50 for support on an item that cost $20. 

I will just have to hack it and use advice on openstora to format drives etc.

Don't need any of the utils just want some extra network storage.

Would have been nice to have the web gui

Thanks anyway.

Message 14 of 45
neofox
Aspirant

I havent paid anything.. reach the support through the contact form - there are ways, that are free.
Message 15 of 45
harrist
Tutor

Hello,

I have the same problem...

bought a second hand Stora nas but do not know the registration named used the first time,

The wizard says: 

Thanks in advance.

Greetings,

Message 16 of 45
Xaser
Aspirant

Hello, i have same problem

i bought second-hand stora, i have product key on backside but a I donť have a stora name

It sais,,Your Stora was unable to register with mystora.com. If this is not your first time registering the device, please ensure you are using the same Stora name you used before to register. Otherwise please contact support to renew your product key."

is possible to renew??

Regards 

Xaser

Message 17 of 45
netoni210
Aspirant

Hi I have the same issue with a MS2120.

I cannot remember the registration name, in fact I just reseted it since couldn't remember even the user,pass.

Can you please advise what to do?

Message 18 of 45
gausley
Aspirant

I am in the same situation.

Just factory reset the Stora, but the registration will not let me continue without the original Stora Name.  I've contacted the previous owner,  but he is unable to recover the Stora Name he used.

Please help!

Thank you.

Message 19 of 45
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Try to contact Netgear to release your key. You can try to call them, or from "My Netgear" there is contact support form. Not sure if this will help at all, but this is only possible scenario.

Message 20 of 45
DennyK2018
Aspirant

I am in the same situation I was given one by a friend. I have asked for the details but he can't remember them as it has been some time since he used it. What are the options please.

Message 21 of 45
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Have you reset it to factory defaults or it is still registered?

Message 22 of 45
DennyK2018
Aspirant

I reset to factory settings. And do not know the name of the registration of the previous owner. 

Message 23 of 45
DennyK2018
Aspirant

Wizard writes

Your Stora was unable to register with mystora.com. If this is not your first time registering the device, please ensure you are using the same Stora name you used before to register. Otherwise please contact support to renew your product key

Message 24 of 45
Gitsov
Virtuoso

You wil need to contact Netgear support for releasing registration from product key.

Message 25 of 45
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7