× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Second hand Stora

DennyK2018
Aspirant

how to do it?

Message 26 of 45
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Check your local country (or international one) Netgear site for contact options.

Message 27 of 45
Hikaru78
Aspirant

can you please provide me with an updated key

for my stora 

Thanks

Message 28 of 45
SerKar
Aspirant

I have same issue. How can I renew my key?

Message 29 of 45
Ropyno43
Aspirant

Message 30 of 45
Ropyno43
Aspirant

novaky@seznam.cz

Message 31 of 45
Tovarich
Aspirant

Hi!

I got it as a gift a secondhand Stora NAS. Now i cant log in on web on web interface.

Can you tell me how to register a product? Or what i need to do?

ty 4 your attetion.

Message 32 of 45
PeteG55
Initiate

I also have the same problem, purchased a second hand STORA with no HDD, during Setup is received " Not Completed ", Your Stora was unable to register with mystora.com. If this is not your first time registering the device, please ensure you are using the same Stora name you used before to register. Otherwise please contact support to renew your product key. I have Product key but I have no idea what the original Stora name is, please help......
Message 33 of 45
mrjamesp
Aspirant

Hi, exact same situation!  My Stora woke up this morning and had forgotten it's registration.  Registration is refusing to use the Stora Name I have saved in the Stora Agent, saying "Not Completed" and to check the name. I've double checked the product key.

Help?  I hope my data is okay.

I don't want to use ANY of the mystora services, just have a LAN-mountable network drive.  It seems a bit silly that I have to register just to access the disk, right?

Message 34 of 45
Dmitry954
Aspirant

Dear friends,

I also in the same situation as many other people above.

I have Stora in my hands, hardreset it after long time after buyng, and can't remember stora name.

Please, help.

With best regards, Dmitry

Message 35 of 45
philboflaven
Aspirant

Is the rep that was helping with this still around??  I talked to 4 different people on the phone today and none could help.  Still waiting on callback.  Let me know! 

Message 36 of 45
mrjamesp
Aspirant

Initially communicative, then silent. I also think some of my comments / questions have bee removed, so I hope you have email notifications enabled as this one is likely to be deleted too.

It is clear that Netgear does not want to support all their devices for ever. It is also clear that summarily destroying user data (or access to it) is unconscionable and trust destroying for the brand. They're are perhaps hoping we'll all just quietly go away. It's just business!

(I've personally got my Stora to boot from Linux from USB so I got my data back, that that was with ZERO help from Netgear the company.)

Good luck!
Message 37 of 45
philboflaven
Aspirant

Yeah, still no callback or reply via e-mail.  Shame that a perfectly good NAS has to go to the dump because someone forgot what they named it 5 years ago....

Message 38 of 45
bhamjoe
Aspirant

, I have a Netgear Stora, and I am getting the following message

"Your Stora was unable to register with mystora.com. If this is not your first time registering the device, please ensure you are using the same Stora name you used before to register. Otherwise please contact support to renew your product key"

i tried to submit an online ticket but was told that this unit is at the end of its shelf life and that there was no support available, I was dissapointed netgear was so blatently rude in customer service, but I see some have gotton help through the community, can someone please help me get a renewed product key?

Thank you

Message 39 of 45
philboflaven
Aspirant

Hey Bhamjoe, 

Unfortunately I spent some time on the phone with Netgear and never got this resolved and no official response on this thread.  Not much hope for now 😕

Message 40 of 45
Romuald333
Aspirant

Second hand stora ngr-ms2000(b)

Error message:

Your Stora was unable to register with mystora.com. If this is not your first time registering the device, please ensure you are using the same Stora name you used before to register. Otherwise please contact support to renew your product key.

I don't know first time registration name :-(((( please help

Message 41 of 45
bhamjoe
Aspirant

Hey All,

So it took me several attempts with support, but they were able to take my product key and lookup the name it was registered with previously. My stora is now fully operational! 

I called support and they had to transfer me a few times, but a ticket was opened and finally a tech named Sheela Expert ID: 46447 NETGEAR Senior Support Expert

So try again, tell them my ticket number ( Case #41073903 ) so they can research what Sheela did to find the HipServ Name, this is the server that any Stora product key stored in and tied to I think. 

Good Luck Everyone!!!

Message 42 of 45
Alexander1976
Aspirant

Betreff: Second hand Stora

decided after a long time (about 2 years) to install new disks, but could not log into the system. After moving to another house, the disk with the productID was lost

please renew product id for my device

thanks

Message 43 of 45
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Betreff: Second hand Stora

Hi all,

Please send me a private message of the following info. I can help retrieve the Stora name.

Serial Number:
Current Product Key:
Stora Name:
Username:
MAC:

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 44 of 45
Vorkut
Aspirant

Good day
Used Stora, registered several years ago.
I reset the device, but without the old registered name Stora, I can’t move on.
Is there any way to reset this? Can anybody help me?
I have a Pruduct Key, but I don’t remember the old name Stora.
Please help me with this question.

Model: MS2120|Media Server|EOL
Message 45 of 45
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7