× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Setup Error

PEAKNAZE
Aspirant

Setup Error

After resetting my Stora and recreating my account I receive the following message after signing in with the Web interface.
Your Stora has encountered an error.
Error message: at /var/www/admin/update.pm line 346

I can use the Stora Agent to access folders from my PC

Please advise how to correct this error
Chris

Message 1 of 16
hellfire666
Initiate

Re: Setup Error

PEAKNAZE wrote:
After resetting my Stora and recreating my account I receive the following message after signing in with the Web interface.
Your Stora has encountered an error.
Error message: at /var/www/admin/update.pm line 346

I can use the Stora Agent to access folders from my PC

Please advise how to correct this error
Chris

This can´t be a coincidence?! This happened to me today too, i´ve used all the tools possible and i can finally loging with stora agent but if i try via the web i getthe "Page 3 of the reset wizard does not exist." message, smth smells fishy here.
Message 2 of 16
hellfire666
Initiate

Btw, mine was like this when i got up this morning, after that i´ve done everything available twice.
Message 3 of 16
Southkil
Aspirant

Hi, Possibly caused by a currupt entry in the firmware. This sometimes happens, it used to happen all the time with my stora when using the power timer. Do a reflash and then do the setup again. All should be fine. :)
Message 4 of 16
hellfire666
Initiate

Southkil wrote:
Hi,

Possibly caused by a currupt entry in the firmware. This sometimes happens, it used to happen all the time with my stora when using the power timer.

Do a reflash and then do the setup again. All should be fine.

🙂

I have performed reflash plus selfcheck and factory reset twice, the only problem left is the weblogin, could it be something wrong with mystorma.com or something?
Message 5 of 16
PEAKNAZE
Aspirant

Seems v strange that has happened on 2 independent machines.
I was also using the power timer as was reported by Southkill.
I would guess this is another Netgear problem as suggested by hellfire666

By itself Webinterface is no great problem but it means I cannot configure the Stora. I have also found that I cannot use Nomad and do not know about the other Premium features I bought. However I can use Hipserve apps on a tablet

I do not see any point in doing another reset until someone from NetGear advises. (I can live in hope!)

Please advise
Message 6 of 16
Southkil
Aspirant

I haven't used the web interface for years. I'll have a go later and report back.

🙂
Message 7 of 16
PEAKNAZE
Aspirant

Also I am unable to do a backup to the Stora using Desktop Mirror
Error Message
"The Stora at XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX returned no useful data
Check that your Username and password are entered correctly on the Preferences panel...."

Obviously I cannot open the Preferences Panel as I cannot use the weblogin.

The backup capability was one of the main uses for the Stora
Message 8 of 16
PEAKNAZE
Aspirant

I have just tried the webinterface again and successfully logged in and accessed the Stora.
Pleased to say all seems OK (for the time being)
Think I will invest in an alternative backup system though :rolleyes:

I do not understand why the Stora constantly needs to be on line to Netgear for us to access our own data.

Not sure whether to reactivate shutdown timer as a result of these problems but do not like the way the disk is always spinning
Message 9 of 16
Southkil
Aspirant

PEAKNAZE wrote:
Seems v strange that has happened on 2 independent machines.
I was also using the power timer as was reported by Southkill.
I would guess this is another Netgear problem as suggested by hellfire666

By itself Webinterface is no great problem but it means I cannot configure the Stora. I have also found that I cannot use Nomad and do not know about the other Premium features I bought. However I can use Hipserve apps on a tablet

I do not see any point in doing another reset until someone from NetGear advises. (I can live in hope!)

Please advise

Hi,
Can you login via the stora agent? If you can, if can configure your stora from there.

Also, I've just used the web interface with now problems. So I assume that there isn't a problem at my stora.com.

🙂
Message 10 of 16
hellfire666
Initiate

PEAKNAZE wrote:
Also I am unable to do a backup to the Stora using Desktop Mirror
Error Message
"The Stora at XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX returned no useful data
Check that your Username and password are entered correctly on the Preferences panel...."

Obviously I cannot open the Preferences Panel as I cannot use the weblogin.

The backup capability was one of the main uses for the Stora

I have never used power timer, it´s running 24/7/365 and i hardly open the web interface either. This problem just appeared one morning. I discovered it wasn´t visible in windows 7 and i couldn´t login, but after a reflash, 2 hard resets and selfchecks a reinstall of stora agent it suddenly started working partly finally after downloading "stora setup" and do another reset from there.
Message 11 of 16
PEAKNAZE
Aspirant

Southkil
My understanding is that the Webinterface opens the same web page as "Open Stora Application" from the Stora Agent.
Unless there is another Webinterface which I am not aware of.

However all working fine for now.
Message 12 of 16
hellfire666
Initiate

PEAKNAZE wrote:
I have just tried the webinterface again and successfully logged in and accessed the Stora.
Pleased to say all seems OK (for the time being)
Think I will invest in an alternative backup system though :rolleyes:

I do not understand why the Stora constantly needs to be on line to Netgear for us to access our own data.

Not sure whether to reactivate shutdown timer as a result of these problems but do not like the way the disk is always spinning

What was the last thing you did prior to the weblogin started working again?

I´m still stuck with the same situation so i went to buy a 2tb external drive this morning to perform a backup and probably ditch this horrendous machine, totally unreliable from day one.
Message 13 of 16
hellfire666
Initiate

Hmm, i thought i´d try the stora unlock to what happens, first it can´t find the stora in the network, "please add stora manually", i put the local ip in and mac address and got the error message "incorrect mac address syntax Try something like 11:22:33:44:55:66" which is exactly what i´m doing with the stora mac. That program has always found the stora before that´s why i tried it. I can watch all my movies on the stora and browse it from windows, go figure.
Message 14 of 16
hellfire666
Initiate

weirdness continues. This morning a huge folder was missing in family album, i tried another reflash and voila! Everything is working again except, this huge folder is missing in family album/ family movies BUT there´s no additional free space, that´s easy to spot since my 2tb drive is almost full, what now? Anny suggestions?

Message 15 of 16
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @hellfire666,

Have you tried using another computer to check if it is the same case? This is to isolate the issue.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 16 of 16
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7