× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Simple Sharing

keithdixon00
Aspirant

Simple Sharing

I have files and folders which i wish to share amongst 3 pc's

I would like to have the files and folders accessible upon each of the pc's and with the ability to add / edit / change the files from any of the 3 pc's.

I have set up 3 seperate accounts on the stora but am now stuck.

I have the myshare folder on the desktop but am unsure how to have this populated accross all 3 pc's (as the myshare folder is different for all 3 users)

I am sure there must be a way. Any advice?

The stora is accessible via local network and via the premium service over the web.
Message 1 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Simple Sharing

Doesn't the stora setup let you setup Share folders which are visible in Network
Message 2 of 9
Southkil
Aspirant

Hi, If you have 3 user accounts, only the files and folders under those accounts available to the account holder. If you want all of the files and folders available to everyone, place all data in the myfamily folder and then allow each of the user access to this folder (set in preferences/settings with the admin account) :)
Message 3 of 9
keithdixon00
Aspirant

Thanks for the responses.

The suggestion to put the files in the myfamily folder would work whilst on the network however would not allow off line access.

is it possible for those files to be in the mysync folder on the desktop on each of the pc's
Message 4 of 9
Southkil
Aspirant

The thing with my sync is that the users data/files are held in the mylibrary folder and not the myfamily folder, hence the other users cannot access this data.
Message 5 of 9
keithdixon00
Aspirant

I have noticed this.

I guess no workaround? And therefore no way to sync to 3 pc's.

Is it possible to ms sync (win7) to a mapped drive (family folder) on the 3 pc's?
Message 6 of 9
ossienet
Aspirant

Have all 3 users log in under the same account.
Message 7 of 9
keithdixon00
Aspirant

I did try having 3 logged on as same user but it caused problems with two pc's showing strange filenames something like (unistio...) added to the existing whack I assume is to identify the file / folder is locked to a user.
Message 8 of 9
Yoji
Aspirant

Does it HAVE to be on peoples local PC?

Is this not something that can be solved with the cloud?
SkyDrive (or something).. restricted to just the 3.. but with update access?

Just a thought

HTH
Cheers
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7