× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stora: Admin password stopped working. Page 3 of the reset wizard does not exist.

PaulHartfree
Follower

Stora: Admin password stopped working. Page 3 of the reset wizard does not exist.

Hi all - after many years, today my Stora login (admin account) is saying incorrect password (it DEFINATELY is not incorrect).  I followed the tutorial on "How to Recover (Reset) Your Forgotten Stora Administrator Password" but it fails with message "Administration: ERROR

Page 3 of the reset wizard does not exist".

My hole life is on this drive, including 18 years of family pics.  Really hope it is fixable...

Im on Windows 10.  Lights on the Stora look okay with the normal Blue/Green icons.

Any pointers on how I can reset the admin password please?

Thanks,

Paul

Message 1 of 6
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Re: Stora: Admin password stopped working. Page 3 of the reset wizard does not exist.

What point you reached with your unit?

From what you sent before looks like either damaged file system on NAND or hacked unit.

Try to install Stora desktop tools and get unit name from section 4 of them (that one with password reset & etc.)

Alternatively try to login via SSH to unit (check from Internet for howto) with your last known password. in /root folder there is a script which can add user with administrative rights for web management interface.

Alternatively if you know stora unit/host name from registration you can reflash whole firmware. Just drop me PM if you are ready to reflash unit. Don't reset it before you have registration details!

Message 2 of 6
Oscarponcho
Aspirant

Re: Stora: Admin password stopped working. MS2110

All,

I have a fixed IP with my legacy MS2110, and I can continue to log in remotely via the internet.  HOWEVER, it seems the unit keeps dropping the ability to login via WIN10 network.  When the WIN HipServAgent is run (as Administrator), I get "Invalid username or password, please try again). Seems the unit is saving the Stora name OK, the Stora user name OK, and there is a password there (......).  I have tried entering in manually all of these, and for sure if the Stora name or user name is changed, it coughs an immediate hairball.  If I enter a different password, it attempts to connect, and does not.  I use the SAME info to log in via remote and it works OK.

In addition, the unit cannot be found via the Stora WINDOWS Desktop sfortware, as it seems it cannot find the (fixed) IP address for a RESET, and I use that fixed address to log in remotely. 

I have to do a HARD reset about once a month to get around this and that is a HASSLE.

Anyone have any ideas?

Message 3 of 6
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Try to remove Stora desktop software.

Make sure that your network is "Private"

Make sure that SMB v1 protocol is enabled for Windows. "Classic" Control panel -> Programs and features -> Turn windows features on or off

Try to access unit via shared foder ( type in Windows exploder address bar: \\Stora)

Reinstall if you wish Stora desktop software and make sure that it is allowed in Windows Firewall (I do not use it personally).

Message 4 of 6
Oscarponcho
Aspirant

Thanks for the speedy comments,

- removed STORA software (didn't use it anyway), rebooted

- SMB1.0 already already enabled, including server

- network already private

- cannot access unit via shared folder in WIN10 File Explorer, i.e. \\192.168.1.xxx

- WIN10 network trouble diagnostics show "Problem found - Windows cant communicate with the device" Detected (192.168.1.xxx)

- I can still access via WIN Internet Explorer \\192.168.1.xxx

Any other ideas? Thx

Message 5 of 6
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Try to disabe Samba service, then reboot unit and enable it. Are you able to access unit on FTP or SSH?

Login on SSH and check logs for any traces.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7