× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Stora MS2000 crashed, I need recovery information

litosduke
Aspirant

Stora MS2000 crashed, I need recovery information

Hello, I need help.

My Netgear Stora MS2000 has crashed and I need to recover data from hard drives that are in good condition, but I can not because no system can read them (windows, linux ...) PLEASE I need a tool that allows me to read the contents of my discs.

I can not find any discussion forum that can put the model MS2300

Model: ND508|Network Disk Drive|EOL
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Gitsov
Virtuoso

In that case you can attach only one of two drives, import mdadm RAID (probably it will be shown as broken/failed), mount your Windows drives in Linux and Stora drive. In my opinion latest Ubuntu live should have all needed modules and support for XFS. Search in Internet for relevant howtos and documentation for exact commands and procedures.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Hello,

Can you remember what was configuration for disks while Stora was alive?

JBOD (two independent drives), RAID1 (mirroring - total space =1HDD) , or RAID0 (stripe - total space = 2HDD)?

JBODs can be mounted in any liveCD Linux distro (Ubuntu for example), RAIDed disks are mdadm Linux soft raid and can be imported inside Linux LiveCD, but first needed kernel modules and Linux services should be started. IF YOU USED RAID0 (stripe), BOTH DRIVES SHOULD BE ATTACHED TO PC AND mdadm RAID configuration should be imported from them. ATTACHING ONLY ONE OF TWO DISKS WILL PROBABLY BREAK YOUR DATA!

Message 2 of 7
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Otherwise filesystem on drives itself is XFS

Message 3 of 7
litosduke
Aspirant

Hello Gitsov, and thanks for your help.

The configuration was RAID with mirroring, total space 1 TB (the 2 hd have de same information)

I'll prove with linux and your recomanation!!!

Thaks

Message 4 of 7
Gitsov
Virtuoso

In that case you can attach only one of two drives, import mdadm RAID (probably it will be shown as broken/failed), mount your Windows drives in Linux and Stora drive. In my opinion latest Ubuntu live should have all needed modules and support for XFS. Search in Internet for relevant howtos and documentation for exact commands and procedures.

Message 5 of 7
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Hey,

I am glad that I helped. Can you tell me what's current status of your unit?

What lights are on/blinking on front panel?

Eventually we can try to reflash it and see if it helps.

Message 6 of 7
litosduke
Aspirant

Hey Gitsov, the unit status its:

Green light (HD work correctly)

blue light blinking.

The problem is the blue light, I have tried to reset the system, install it from zero ...
I have come to the conclusion that it has broken down.
I have tried to recover the information with Linux and I have obtained it with a computer friend, using software.
I bought a new NAS from the brand synology
Thank you very much for your help

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7