× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stora MS2000 not working on latest Apple Mac OS (Mojave)

gregorygbbs
Initiate

Stora MS2000 not working on latest Apple Mac OS (Mojave)

I have a NETGEAR STORA MS2000 NAS box populated to 2tb. I have been using it on my Apple MacBookPro. Since the last but one OS software update it has stopped working. I have downloaded the latest NETGEAR software but my MAC is not even recognising the software. Does anybody have any ideas to get it working again please as I really need to get it working as I have 100's, if not 1000's. 

Model: MS2000|Media Server|EOL
Message 1 of 9
terrymac
Aspirant

Re: Stora MS2000 not working on latest Apple Mac OS (Mojave)

Hi

I am having the same problem did you find any solution to your issue

Message 2 of 9
gregorygbbs
Initiate

Terry, no, I have not found a solution yet. I have had no response from NETGEAR about it. I have even been onto Apple about it and they have no idea what the problem is.
Message 3 of 9
schumaku
Guru

Unrelated, the protocols used are the same, and don't depend on the system OS architecture. The Stora does continue to be available for the Web based management.

The Stora Desktop Apps are optional, and I'm afriad, these are not available for the 64bit architecture. That's the only shortcoming.

Message 4 of 9
terrymac
Aspirant

I’m now running OS High Sierra and it will not recognise the drive stating that it is 32bit
Message 5 of 9
schumaku
Guru

@terrymac wrote:
I’m now running OS High Sierra and it will not recognise the drive stating that it is 32bit

Strongly doubt - you try tro install the 32-bit Stora utility which is optional to operate and manage a STORA. Check the quick start guide!

Message 6 of 9
terrymac
Aspirant

Hi

From what I understand High Sierra runs on 64bit whereas my Stora Drive is running at 32bit

As the error comes up on Apple computer telling me to contact Developer as it does not recognise the drive
Message 7 of 9
schumaku
Guru

And again ... neither a Web browser connection nor AFP and SMB are have changed with the 64-bit OS.

Only the utility - which is optional and not required to operate, manage, and access the STORA - might be no longer working.

Message 8 of 9
Claus_Ehli
Aspirant

I have the same issue running High Sierra on a Macbook Air. I can conect with the MS2000 in the Finder, but the Stora Software doesnt work and cannot be downloaded.

My specific problem now is that one of the 1TB Drives showed malfunction so I bought a new one. Now I am not able to format it.

Any idea?

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7