× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stora MS2110 Web interface Access Solved 2021

paulsstorainaus
Follower

Stora MS2110 Web interface Access Solved 2021

I have 3x Netgear Stora MS2110's in our house, 1 being used regularly and 2 I had in storage.

I realised the other day that there is absolutely no way to get flash working any more since Microsoft has time-bombed usage.  None of the work-arounds I googled worked.  I spent a whole day on this issue attempting to avoid dumping the two unusued storas.

The two stored ones had no HDD inside, so they were basically junk if I couldn't access the interface.

Yes I'm aware you can attempt to flash the firmware with different firmware, but it is difficult and requires tools that most poeple won't have, and electronics knowledge that most people also won't have.  Then the final system is much less powerful than the original software included anyway.

I did get the stora working in the end though, and I have a working solution.

1. Install Oracale Virtual Box (or any other virtual machine software)

2. Install an old version of windows (I used Windows 7)

3. Turn off all windows updates

3. Search for and download an old version of Adobe Flash Player (I found an old version of Version 10 - it's not too hard.  *DO THIS ON YOUR VIRTUAL MACHINE YOU INSTALLED WINDOWS 7 OR EARLIER ON - SO THAT IF YOU DOWNLOAD A VIRUS OR SOMETHING YOU CAN SIMPLY START AGAIN* - Repeat - do not download any of the obsolete unsupported software like Flash Player on your every-day pc from a site you don't know and that isn't secure. - INSTALL THE FLASH PLAYER ON YOUR VIRTUAL MACHINE (windows 7 or whatever you installed)

4. On your normal PC, GO TO YOUR ROUTER - look up your LAN and find the IP address of your stora.  *TOP TIP:  Find the MAC address on the back of your stora and set your router to assign a static IP to the MAC address of your STORA to ensure you know what the IP address is.

5. On the vritual PC, Start the included internet explorer and navigate to your STORA IP address and then you'll be met with the familiar interface - log in and you're all good to set it back up in the Preferences section!

To access and use your stora, do so from your every-day PC by using Windows Explorer.  You need to enable SMB1.0 (google search how to do this, it's easy) and then you should be able to find it in your network devices section.  Otherwise type "RUN" into your cortana search (use the run command) and then type \\x.x.x.x (where x.x.x.x is the IP your stora) and then enter the credentials for your stora (you can set them up in the Preferences section of the web interface on your virtual machine) and then map the network drive and you're good to go.

You now have a working STORA again.

Model: MS2110|Media Server|EOL
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7