× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stora MS2110 and iTunes syncing

markxt
Aspirant

Stora MS2110 and iTunes syncing

My audio files are stored in the MyMusic folder with the iTunes library files etc. on my Macbook.

iTunes works well. However, I cannot sync with my iPhone. The process goes through the usual stages up to Waiting for changes to be applied when it stalls. I have tried a few things as recommended for this seemingly common iTunes problem with no success. Should I store my files in FamilyMusic instead? any suggestions welcome. 

I have just realised that my iPod syncs OK, so maybe an iPhone restore is due...

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
markxt
Aspirant

Re: Stora MS2110 and iTunes syncing

The problem was that in iTunes there were many files that iTunes saw as 'missing' -  the left column  exclamation mark. When these were sorted (I left iTunes to find missing files - a long but seemingly thorough process) syncing became possible. This also resolved an issue where itunes constantly referred to a missing hard drive - that no longer existed but was used to store audio files.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @markxt,

It is possible that the issue is with the iPhone since it works fine with your other Mac OS X and iOS devices. You can try updating the iOS version or reset the device if it is an option for you.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
markxt
Aspirant

The problem was that in iTunes there were many files that iTunes saw as 'missing' -  the left column  exclamation mark. When these were sorted (I left iTunes to find missing files - a long but seemingly thorough process) syncing became possible. This also resolved an issue where itunes constantly referred to a missing hard drive - that no longer existed but was used to store audio files.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7