× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Stora Premium pack featuring MySync - for LIFE!

robyb
Aspirant

Stora Premium pack featuring MySync - for LIFE!

Well we certainly want to hear discussions about this one, and since you can't post in the Announcement, lets discuss it here!

If you haven't spotted the announcement yet, check it out! http://forum1.netgear.com/announcement.php?a=9

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 1 of 70
kirkster
Aspirant

I'm glad Netgear finally came to their senses 🙂
Message 2 of 70
frogger55
Aspirant

Hey Roby,

This is good news, indeed!

Cheers,
Message 3 of 70
ossienet
Aspirant

Sounds reasonable to me 🙂
Message 4 of 70
Southkil
Aspirant

I'll be purchasing this when I get home from work today.

🙂

PS Do you have to be a premium service user already or is this open to everyone?
Message 5 of 70
robyb
Aspirant

Southkil wrote:
I'll be purchasing this when I get home from work today.

🙂

PS Do you have to be a premium service user already or is this open to everyone?

This is definitely for everyone. And current premium users were grandfathered to Premium for LIFE automatically.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 6 of 70
Southkil
Aspirant

robyb wrote:
This is definitely for everyone. And current premium users were grandfathered to Premium for LIFE automatically.

Cheers,
Roby!

Cool! 🙂 Purchased now and waiting for the new items to appear.

🙂
Message 7 of 70
Southkil
Aspirant

The Tivo feature, does this work with the VirginMedia Tivo box do you know?

🙂
Message 8 of 70
robyb
Aspirant

Southkil wrote:
The Tivo feature, does this work with the VirginMedia Tivo box do you know?

🙂

I really have no clue, let us know what you find 🙂 I doubt Tivo went and broke some of it's UPnP functionality.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 9 of 70
johnmclane1
Tutor

If this does work with the virgin media tivo i will definetly get. Does anyone know if it does.Thanks
Message 10 of 70
ColonelSanders
Aspirant

I just paid my $13 and upgraded for life.....cheers
Message 11 of 70
robyb
Aspirant

ColonelSanders wrote:
I just paid my $13 and upgraded for life.....cheers

Are you a Canadian tax payer? 🙂

Roby!
Message 12 of 70
ossienet
Aspirant

My employer's firewall currently blocks mystora.com so I can't access my Stora from work. Will I be able to use MySync from work or will the same firewall restriction apply? i.e. Will I be able to connect directly to my Stora via its external IP address rather than via mystora.com ?
Message 13 of 70
csevior
Aspirant

Roby, a couple of questions;

1. Should I upgrade to v2.6 before buying Premium + MySync?
2. I want to upgrade from 1x1TB to 2x2TB. I know after reading the forum this is not an effortless process. Has V2.6 improved things? Does USB backup (premium) make it easier?
3. Does MySync consumes heaps of internet bandwidth or does it only sync over the local network in my house (between computers)?

Charles.
Message 14 of 70
frogger55
Aspirant

Hi Roby,

Having problems setting up Mysync on a Windows 7 Home Premium laptop connected to the same local network as the stora -

After entering Stora & user name with password I get an error pop up "The device name may not be correct or there may be a problem connecting to your media server"

All the info i've entered is as it should be ( i think - is the stora name just the name, or name@mystora, or something else??) and i have no problem accessing the stora from the stora app and as a network device. Also passed the port forward test.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
Message 15 of 70
ColonelSanders
Aspirant

robyb wrote:
Are you a Canadian tax payer? 🙂

Roby!

New Zealander:)
Message 16 of 70
ColonelSanders
Aspirant

frogger55 wrote:
Hi Roby,

Having problems setting up Mysync on a Windows 7 Home Premium laptop connected to the same local network as the stora -

After entering Stora & user name with password I get an error pop up "The device name may not be correct or there may be a problem connecting to your media server"

All the info i've entered is as it should be ( i think - is the stora name just the name, or name@mystora, or something else??) and i have no problem accessing the stora from the stora app and as a network device. Also passed the port forward test.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

I have the same problem with win 7 enterprise

Cheers
Message 17 of 70
Southkil
Aspirant

frogger55 wrote:
Hi Roby,

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

I get this error on a XP SP2 machine as well.

🙂
Message 18 of 70
Southkil
Aspirant

johnmclane1 wrote:
If this does work with the virgin media tivo i will definetly get. Does anyone know if it does.Thanks

I couldn't get the tivo box to see the stora. I could see the tivo box in the DHCP table on the Sub hub router.

I'll spend some more time on it at the weekend/next month/year! 🙂

😄
Message 19 of 70
Southkil
Aspirant

csevior wrote:

2. I want to upgrade from 1x1TB to 2x2TB. I know after reading the forum this is not an effortless process. Has V2.6 improved things? Does USB backup (premium) make it easier?
3. Does MySync consumes heaps of internet bandwidth or does it only sync over the local network in my house (between computers)?

Charles.

1. MySync needs v2.6 installed to work, it says so on the release notes.

2. + 3. don't know.

🙂
Message 20 of 70
Southkil
Aspirant

ossienet wrote:
My employer's firewall currently blocks mystora.com so I can't access my Stora from work. Will I be able to use MySync from work or will the same firewall restriction apply? i.e. Will I be able to connect directly to my Stora via its external IP address rather than via mystora.com ?

I would say that if your firewall at work blocks the stora, you also don't have access to install software on your work computer. If this is the case you won't be able to use MySync, as it needs software installed on each PC you want to Sync with.

🙂
Message 21 of 70
robyb
Aspirant

csevior wrote:

Charles.

2. Nothing has changed in this regard.
3. If you only install mysync on pc's in the LAN, it won't use the internet. If you do port fowarding of port 80 and install it on computers over the internet, there's the possibility of consuming bandwidth, depending how much data you copy on it.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 22 of 70
robyb
Aspirant

frogger55 wrote:
Hi Roby,

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

For those of you which are unable to connect with MySync, please click on Start -> Run -> %temp% and email the AxentraLog.txt to support@axentra.com .

Also disable are your firewalls (at least temporarily) to see if they are the reason MySync can't reach your Stora.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 23 of 70
rsinj
Guide

I guess I have a reason to renew now.
Message 24 of 70
ossienet
Aspirant

Southkil wrote:
I would say that if your firewall at work blocks the stora, you also don't have access to install software on your work computer. If this is the case you won't be able to use MySync, as it needs software installed on each PC you want to Sync with.

🙂

😞 Bummer 😞
Message 25 of 70
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7