× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Stora Self Diagnostic and Repair Tool

robyb
Aspirant

Stora Self Diagnostic and Repair Tool

Hi everyone,

We've created a self-serve Diagnostic and Repair Tool for your Stora which searches and replaces bad system files.

You should run the Stora Diagnostic and Repair Tool when experiencing any of the following symptoms:

- No www access to your Stora
- No samba access to your Stora
- Your Stora doesn't appear in your UPnP DLNA client
- Unable to apply updates
- Bad file permissions (can't be seen in web UI)
- USB backup is stuck
- System proxy error

To receive the update go to http://support.netgear.hipserv.com/updates/selfcheck/ and enter your Product Key, then follow the instructions.

Cheers,
Roby!

Message 1 of 173
northernlite
Novice

so cool, its fixed my problem , many thanks !
Message 2 of 173
subzerohk
Aspirant

Mine fixed.
Message 3 of 173
Southkil
Aspirant

Nice one Robyb, this should solve many of the repeating questions on here.

Well done to you and the team. It just goes to show that someone is listening.

🙂
Message 4 of 173
subzerohk
Aspirant

A solution here is better than nothing...

But the problem is, why the problem suddenly happened?

I have turned on Power timer on my STORA, it powers up everything from 5pm until 2am in the midnight.

2 days ago when I back home from work, then I saw Blue - Red - Red on my Stora. Press and hold the power switch couldn't turn it off. I then unplugged and reconnected the power cable. Then STORA web access died.

It happened a few times that the STORA power it up at 5pm but showed Blue - Red - Red....... I fixed it all the time by disconnect and reconnect the power cable....
Message 5 of 173
robyb
Aspirant

The problem is that some nand blocks become bad (that's a hardware thing). Possibly caused by writing to the nand, which we are trying to track down. We've tracked some down and hope there is none left, but who knows for sure! 🙂

Yes, this is somewhat of a bandaid... a bandaid that gets you going again without having to wait for an email reply, while we're still investigating the core issues.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 6 of 173
Henk
Aspirant

My Stora showed a blinking powerled and a permanent orange disk led. After hard power reset still the same problem. Couldn't reach it, not visible on the network. After applying the magic update, and following instructions. I have a fully operational Stora again. I'll turn off the sheduled power off/on, until that nand problem get's fixed. Thanks a lot
Message 7 of 173
baskient
Aspirant

I lost my product code.... and I'm not able to update my firmware. So i wanted to download de diagnostic tools. what can i do now ? Kind Regards, Boris Slaghuis
Message 8 of 173
baskient
Aspirant

i need to fix my stora with this Diagnostic and Repair toos because i'm not able to update my firmware, but i lost my product code.... what now ?

kind regards,

Boris Slaghuis
Message 9 of 173
makram63
Aspirant

baskient wrote:
i need to fix my stora with this Diagnostic and Repair toos because i'm not able to update my firmware, but i lost my product code.... what now ?

kind regards,

Boris Slaghuis

Hi Boris,

For your product code go to Navigate to my Stora (WWW)
In the black Stora screen left at the botom you can see "About Stora"
Click here and see your productcode

Greetz

Makram63
Message 10 of 173
duced
Novice

hello I have a blinking blue light on my stora I clicked on the link above and it told me to reboot my stora i am not having much success. Seeing i have the blink blue light i have to unplug my store it will not power down. I was able to do the last update successfully. Help.
Message 11 of 173
duced
Novice

hello all i would like to think robyb for his help. he helped a friend who provided me with the link that reset our stora and got them backonline. This was after what I am not sure was a mess up in the stora for people that was using the power options, this is my thoughts for what i have read. All i know is that i am able to access my information again, and my stora works Robyb provide my friend a link which eset the stora and made it go to netgear's site for an update that repaired it. I thought i was done but now I am online again. So I will be the first to say thank you robyb here is the link that helped me. I hope it helps someone else.
http://forum1.netgear.com/showpost.php?p=304456&postcount=2
Message 12 of 173
arndegefle
Aspirant

Hi!

When accessing http://support.netgear.hipserv.com/updates/selfcheck/ today I got an error message: sec_error_expired_issuer_certificate

The certificate was valid till 2010-03-27 18.54.

Best Regards,
Fredric Ragnar
Message 13 of 173
robyb
Aspirant

arndegefle wrote:
Hi!

When accessing http://support.netgear.hipserv.com/updates/selfcheck/ today I got an error message: sec_error_expired_issuer_certificate

The certificate was valid till 2010-03-27 18.54.

Best Regards,
Fredric Ragnar

Simply ignore the warning and proceed.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 14 of 173
arndegefle
Aspirant

robyb wrote:
Simply ignore the warning and proceed.

Cheers,
Roby!
Thanks! Best regards, Fredric Ragnar
Message 15 of 173
hrabeX
Aspirant

robyb wrote:
Hi everyone,

We've created a self-serve Diagnostic and Repair Tool for your Stora which searches and replaces bad system files.

You should run the Stora Diagnostic and Repair Tool when experiencing any of the following symptoms:

- No www access to your Stora
- No samba access to your Stora
- Your Stora doesn't appear in your UPnP DLNA client
- Unable to apply updates

To receive the update go to http://support.netgear.hipserv.com/updates/selfcheck/ and enter your Product Key, then follow the instructions.

Cheers,
Roby!

no ssh? So the product key is exposed world wide 😞
Message 16 of 173
hrabeX
Aspirant

I mean https, sorry.

Its really awesome how the Axentra ignores security basics.

- put your product key to unsecured web form
- send me your login credentials via (unencrypted!) email.

like: fax me your credit card number

I'm really thinking about creating botnet from Stora units - they needs to be connected to internet and its so easy to spoof product keys/login credentials to get root access...

Stora/Axentra/Hippserv is one big blacks security hole (flash security risks are not counted).
Message 17 of 173
capnb0b
Aspirant

Thanks for posting this tool. I was a bit confused at first since I didn't realize you guys were pushing the file to the Stora remotely rather than having me download and run it, but it did solve my problem (no SMB or WWW access, power light blinking, disk lights red) after I filled out the web form and rebooted a couple of times. And here I was thinking I would have to make an effort to get it back up and running 😛
Message 18 of 173
hibbert32
Aspirant

Hi

I have just tried this - followed the instuctions to the letter:

Diagnostics and repair update
Please reboot your device for the diagnostics and repair update to be applied. Once the Stora is powered on, wait for the power LED to stop blinking then power off the Stora again by holding the power button for 5 seconds. Power on the Stora one more time and wait for the power LED to stop blinking. Login and verify the behavior, if the issue persists please contact Netgear Support.
Return to Diagnostics Go to Support Pages

I tried logging on and was able to access the home screen, but now I am getting the error telling me that there was an error with Stora and I should consult the support pages.

The Stora is trying to access the "My Library" and "My Computers" and just hangs until finally it says that the folders cannot be accessed.

I have tried accessing by adding onto the network and although they can be seen on the network and I am asked to log onto them I cannot open. Same goes for when I map the drives also.

Hope the update didn't lose my data 😞

Please help

Kind regards
Message 19 of 173
thehoodedclaw
Aspirant

makram63 wrote:
Hi Boris,

For your product code go to Navigate to my Stora (WWW)
In the black Stora screen left at the botom you can see "About Stora"
Click here and see your productcode

Greetz

Makram63

That would be great if I could access the stora. All I'm getting is couldn't connect. Why isn't the product code on the device?
Message 20 of 173
thehoodedclaw
Aspirant

Scrap that last post, the product number is on the underside of the unit. My bad. Still no luck with the update though
Message 21 of 173
thehoodedclaw
Aspirant

duced wrote:
hello I have a blinking blue light on my stora I clicked on the link above and it told me to reboot my stora i am not having much success. Seeing i have the blink blue light i have to unplug my store it will not power down. I was able to do the last update successfully. Help.

Same problem, Cannot reboot or power down. Just that old flashing blue led.
Message 22 of 173
Boezak
Aspirant

It doesn´t work for me to use the repair tool. I can´t access my stora at all.
I can not access it via mystora.com and it is not visible in the explorer
Is there a solution to this?

It all started a couple of days ago when i was administering my stora. I updated the firmware AND added a timeschedule for the stora to switch on and off.

Thankful for som useful tips. I spent all evening browsing this forum for help and I found nothing to fix my problems. I have tried to restart, hard reset, use the repair tool.

/Boezak
Message 23 of 173
ossienet
Aspirant

Reset my Stora. Now when I run the Stora Setup I get the error message:

ERROR Your Stora has encountered an error.
Error message: Page 3 of the reset wizard does not exist.

??? :mad:
Message 24 of 173
robyb
Aspirant

ossienet wrote:
Reset my Stora. Now when I run the Stora Setup I get the error message:

ERROR Your Stora has encountered an error.
Error message: Page 3 of the reset wizard does not exist.

??? :mad:

Try the hard reset once more, I've solved this error with it before.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 25 of 173
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7