× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Stora Self Diagnostic and Repair Tool

winstonz
Tutor

robyb wrote:
Hi everyone,

We've created a self-serve Diagnostic and Repair Tool for your Stora which searches and replaces bad system files.

You should run the Stora Diagnostic and Repair Tool when experiencing any of the following symptoms:

- No www access to your Stora
- No samba access to your Stora
- Your Stora doesn't appear in your UPnP DLNA client
- Unable to apply updates
- Bad file permissions (can't be seen in web UI)
- USB backup is stuck
- System proxy error

To receive the update go to http://support.netgear.hipserv.com/updates/selfcheck/ and enter your Product Key, then follow the instructions.

Cheers,
Roby!

Hi Roby where do I find the product key? The numbers on the back of Stora are rejected by the support website.
Many thanks!
Message 101 of 173
winstonz
Tutor

Found it at the bottom of the unit thanks.
Message 102 of 173
Southkil
Aspirant

It's also sometimes found on the cd sleeve.

🙂
Message 103 of 173
StevePalmer
Aspirant

Ok, we had a power cut here yesterday, When I powered up my PC I noticed there were no lights on the front of my Stora.

Pressed the power button on the rear.. flashing blue that eventually went steady but now one green light 🙂 but one orange light 😞

Have tried unplugging stora and reconnecting to network. Rebooting the netgear router. None of it makes any difference and I can't access the stora. The good news is that the stora name IS appearing in my list of network devices, but when I click on it, it says: 'Stora is not accessible.. make sure you have permission etc".

Have rebooted the PC numerous times.

Have tried everything including the diagnostic and repair tool. None of it has helped. I can't seem to access the stora by any method - even tried right clicking on system tray icon to 'login' or 'explore folders'. Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks

Steve
Message 104 of 173
SirLonewolf
Aspirant

Hey.

A little over a year ago (nov/dec 2010) I had the problem many of you are talking about (blue led flashing and hdd led solid green).

Back then I tried to reset as described by Roby, seached the internet for a solution for weeks, without anything working. When I finally gave up and wanted to RMA the thing, the company where I bought the paperweight no longer exsisted 😞

Angry and with a lot of other stuff on my mind I put the Stora aside and forgot about it.....until now.

Just to be absolutely sure it still was FUBARed, I fired it up to see if the problem was still there....and of course it was still there.
I tried the reset procedure again without any luck. Visited Netgear.dk (I live in Denmark) and clicked on the "Support" just to get a "Page not found" :mad:
I finally found the Danish support phonenumber and called. I talked to a nice lady in english and she open a case and sented me an e-mail with a link to the posted diagnostic/repair tool.

The problem is that I have no access to the stora...I can't see it on the network, through the browser etc. So the tool couldn't find the stora either.
I've noticed that on the network port on the back on the stora there are no lights (flashing nor solid), but the light on the port on my router turns on when turning on the stora.
I have tried about 5 diff. networkcables all with the same result.

Only Idea I have left is to update the firmware manually, but is that possible? and how?
Message 105 of 173
othar
Aspirant

How long may this process take?

It's over 24h now...
Message 106 of 173
NEP77
Aspirant

Hi, I have tried using the diagnostic tool due to my Stora not accepting update hbs-5043.upd When inserting my product key the diagnostic tool says it is invalid. How can I progress as I am still unable to access my music files on my Stora using itunes?

Any help would be appreciated.
Message 107 of 173
Dave_herts_uk
Aspirant

My problem is that I can't log into the user interface, so I can't get the product code to run the diagnostic tool.
Is there anywhere else I can find it?
Message 108 of 173
Dave_herts_uk
Aspirant

Dave_herts_uk wrote:
My problem is that I can't log into the user interface, so I can't get the product code to run the diagnostic tool.
Is there anywhere else I can find it?
Found it on the bottom of the units. Thanks
Message 109 of 173
Quizmaster
Aspirant

othar wrote:
How long may this process take?

It's over 24h now...

Bump Bump

What do I do when the blue power led never stops flashing and the Hdd light shines solid orange ? 😞
Message 110 of 173
Southkil
Aspirant

Quizmaster wrote:
Bump Bump

What do I do when the blue power led never stops flashing and the Hdd light shines solid orange ? 😞

Do the reflash procedure.

🙂
Message 111 of 173
themuffinman
Aspirant

Hi, I followed the instructions but I'm unsure how to verify the self check tool has been installed, or how to use it.

Additionally, I try to update my firmware to hbs-5037, but after downloading and attempting to apply the update, it says update failed. How can I update?

Third problem (which I was hoping would be fixed by the above), I have the Stora plugged into a router connected to a Sony Blu Ray player (bdp-s370). Some days it's visible, some days it isn't. It seems to be reflected on my computer. Not sure if this problem is stora or sony related?

Cheers, thanks for your help.
Message 112 of 173
robyb
Aspirant

themuffinman wrote:
Hi, I followed the instructions but I'm unsure how to verify the self check tool has been installed, or how to use it.

Additionally, I try to update my firmware to hbs-5037, but after downloading and attempting to apply the update, it says update failed. How can I update?

Third problem (which I was hoping would be fixed by the above), I have the Stora plugged into a router connected to a Sony Blu Ray player (bdp-s370). Some days it's visible, some days it isn't. It seems to be reflected on my computer. Not sure if this problem is stora or sony related?

Cheers, thanks for your help.

E-mail your Stora name, an admin username and password to support@axentra.com . We'll get your device updated.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 113 of 173
themuffinman
Aspirant

Thanks again for the response. The recovery fixed the problem of my DLNA receiver being able to find the Stora, but now NO data is visible on the Stora through any DLNA device, whereas I CAN see and use the data if I go to the IP address or through My Computer / Windows. Is it worth another recovery procedure or are my settings possibly now incorrect?

Thanks again.
Message 114 of 173
ossienet
Aspirant

themuffinman wrote:
Thanks again for the response. The recovery fixed the problem of my DLNA receiver being able to find the Stora, but now NO data is visible on the Stora through any DLNA device, whereas I CAN see and use the data if I go to the IP address or through My Computer / Windows. Is it worth another recovery procedure or are my settings possibly now incorrect?

Thanks again.

Did you wait for the DLNA indexes to be re-built? This takes a while.

Often a simple re-boot of the Stora will fix this issue.
Message 115 of 173
themuffinman
Aspirant

G'day Ossienet,

Yep I used to do that on the occasion but hasn't fixed it in this case unfortunately. All the lights are on and stable.

Thanks
Message 116 of 173
MCollins
Aspirant

I put the code in and it says

"Please reboot your device for the diagnostics and repair update to be applied. Once the Stora is powered on, wait for the power LED to stop blinking then power off the Stora again by holding the power button for 5 seconds. Power on the Stora one more time and wait for the power LED to stop blinking. Login and verify the behavior, if the issue persists please contact Netgear Support."

Nothing happens! It is still on an Orange light for HDD and flashing blue.
Message 117 of 173
ossienet
Aspirant

MCollins wrote:
I put the code in and it says

Nothing happens! It is still on an Orange light for HDD and flashing blue.

How long did you wait? The reflash takes some time, especially if you have a slow Internet connection.
Message 118 of 173
maaadcow
Aspirant

Yeah, but I can't even get that far into my stora to see the product code. I get an authorization error after I type in the login info. How do I reconfigure the device?
Message 119 of 173
MCollins
Aspirant

ossienet wrote:
How long did you wait? The reflash takes some time, especially if you have a slow Internet connection.

Over night.

Well, now I have got to the situation where the blue light stays steady AND the HDD light is green - Problem is that when I use the CD to reinstall the users, it says I need more that a few K (in memory) to set up accounts.

But before doing all of this I could see the HDD had 79 gigs free but just wouldn't let me access the damn thing.
Message 120 of 173
Altopiano
Novice

Thank you vey much, it works. Now I have only problem with the mirror desktop 🙂 But I have restored my router and firewall and much more so I am glad that my computer works at all! Many thanks again!
Message 121 of 173
subzerohk
Aspirant

Hi, My Stora is having problem starting up.

The Power LED flashing for a few seconds, off for a few seconds, flash for a few second
The HD LEDs are both green, on but not flashing.

Can anyone help?
Message 122 of 173
TownCrier
Aspirant

robyb wrote:
Hi everyone,

We've created a self-serve Diagnostic and Repair Tool for your Stora which searches and replaces bad system files.

You should run the Stora Diagnostic and Repair Tool when experiencing any of the following symptoms:

Hi and Thank you for the tool. I tried it and it was a bit scary though! Everything fine after the first reboot (after a few minutes blinking green and blue), but after the *second* reboot, it ended up with solid orange and blinking blue led for a couple hours! So I had to pull the power off to reboot. Now it works fine!

However, my question is: as my Stora was already up to date with the latest firmare, in this case does the Tool do anything else, or does it just force the latest update?
Message 123 of 173
Southkil
Aspirant

hi, i believe that this tool just corrects any bad system files. To force the lastest update you need to do the reflash procedure.

🙂
Message 124 of 173
Tumang
Aspirant

Hi, My Stora 2110 is blue, green, green, but could not see it in the network. I can log in but cant do anything (I pressed disk management and returned error). How can I proceed? I have already turned it off and on 3 times. Thanks. Renato
Message 125 of 173
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7