× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stora Self Diagnostic and Repair Tool

Southkil
Aspirant

Re: Stora Self Diagnostic and Repair Tool

Hi Laci, If you do the manual port forwarding on the router, you need to do either the static ip no the stora or ip reservation on the router. You need to forward all of the ports you mentioned. There's a sticky or thread about >2tb drives installation on the stora. Spudnuts is the author. Cheers. Southkil. :)
Message 151 of 173
klacirtg
Onlooker

Southkil wrote:
Hi Laci,

If you do the manual port forwarding on the router, you need to do either the static ip no the stora or ip reservation on the router. You need to forward all of the ports you mentioned.
There's a sticky or thread about >2tb drives installation on the stora. Spudnuts is the author.
🙂

Hi Southkil, my friend!

I did not made changes on port forvarding, everything remained, it works.
Since our last conversation I bought two WD 3TB RED HDD and put them into the Stora. Of course did not work 🙂 After a lot of reading this forum I made the necessary steps by FricoRico's thread HOWTO: Using 2TB+ Drives in raid 0. The HDD-s work properly, I am happy:D

Just a question: sometimes there is a big HDD activity on the Stora for long periods even nothing is connected to it. I unplugged the internet cable this time, but the HDD-s worked independently... Is it normal? Is there some data synchronizing between the two HDD-s...?

Best regards Laci.
Message 152 of 173
Southkil
Aspirant

You might have your "Share by DMA" selected, this will cause a lot of disk activity. You'll see if it is selected by the small TV icon in the bottom right corner of your folder icon in the Stora Agent. Try turning it off and see what happens.

Also, try running the self help sticky and see if it stops it.

Cheers.
🙂
Message 153 of 173
klacirtg
Onlooker

Well, I set to Unshare with DMA each library one by one, nothing changed.
I ran the self diagnostic tool, nothing has changed...
HDD-s are blinking very-very much. I think it is not really good for their life-time :confused:
What's next?

Cheers. Laci
Message 154 of 173
Southkil
Aspirant

Next hard reset.

If that doesn't work, it's the reflash.

🙂
Message 155 of 173
klacirtg
Onlooker

The HDD-s are blinking, except this everything works fine. I do not dare to reset (nor reflash), because I am afraid, that Stora will not recongnize my 3 TB HDD-s. :confused:
So is there any method to figure out what does Stora do, what is the reason of great HDD activity...?

Bye, Laci
Message 156 of 173
klacirtg
Onlooker

Well, I did the hard reset. Everything looked fine until registering Stora. After that the HDD activity is continuous...
Message 157 of 173
Southkil
Aspirant

I think the DMA share defaults to on after a hard reset. You need to turn it off again.

Also, do you have active torrents running?

🙂
Message 158 of 173
klacirtg
Onlooker

I turned off DMA sharing for all libraries again and restarted Stora.
After hard reset torrent is still not enabled.
LED-s are blinking... 😞
Message 159 of 173
klacirtg
Onlooker

My friend, Southkil!

Now it is clear, that the miniDLNA does the constant HDD activity. If I stop it in an SSH shell the HDD-s stop immediatelly. But after some minutes miniDLNA starts automatically and LED-s blink again. Reading the forums many people has-had the same problem, and I have it from reflashing Stora with the newest software. My questions are: how can I downgrade to the 2.5.1 version? Or how can I disable miniDNLA without restarting itself? Or how can I install the latest miniDNLA to Stora technically step-by-step, because I don't familiar with linux .
Thanks, Laci
Message 160 of 173
unsc_spartan
Aspirant

robyb wrote:
Hi everyone,

We've created a self-serve Diagnostic and Repair Tool for your Stora which searches and replaces bad system files.

You should run the Stora Diagnostic and Repair Tool when experiencing any of the following symptoms:

- No www access to your Stora
- No samba access to your Stora
- Your Stora doesn't appear in your UPnP DLNA client
- Unable to apply updates
- Bad file permissions (can't be seen in web UI)
- USB backup is stuck
- System proxy error

To receive the update go to http://support.netgear.hipserv.com/updates/selfcheck/ and enter your Product Key, then follow the instructions.

Cheers,
Roby!

Roby.

I am in need of your assistance. My Stora was stuck and I could only turn it off by removing the power cable. From then on like others only the fan and HDD powered up but no function (front) or Ethernet lights. I found your self-diagnostic post after a great deal of trudging through old websites, pulling the unit apart and cleaning the fan, and attempting a file recovery of the HDD using Seagate software. I entered my Product key and away the stora went. Lights and all. Then when the blue light stopped blinking I held the power button as instructed. It took about 5 to 10 minutes to shut down. But now, nothing. No fan, no HDD. Please help me for I can't get my files back.

unsc_spartan
Message 161 of 173
salopian
Aspirant

I have lost access to the MyComputers folder so I tried the tool. It has made no difference.
How do I know if it ran?
Message 162 of 173
80phoenix
Aspirant

gtmr wrote:
Found my product key, ran the diagnostic and still having the same problem. Solid blue for the power and orange for the disk drives.

still can't access the disk drives.

How did you solved? This is exaclty what is happening to me.
I feel like this self-check it isn't right procedure to be followed...
Message 163 of 173
80phoenix
Aspirant

80phoenix wrote:
How did you solved? This is exaclty what is happening to me.
I feel like this self-check it isn't right procedure to be followed...

I finally solved with reflashing procedure. 😄
Message 164 of 173
SirRune
Aspirant

Didnt fix my problem about the issue logging in through "navigate to my stora desktol utility"
Message 165 of 173
Clement11
Aspirant

That solve my problem,too.tahnk you for your share.:)
Message 166 of 173
DaveCo
Aspirant

Makram63,

Think we lost everything
We inserted a 160GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 into the empty drive slot
hoping to be able to read all the files. We could not so we went with the steps to configure When we keep reading the instructions it seemed like we were formatting the drive which I did not want to do. We cancelled the setup
and now we can't readi or access any files on both drives. Is there a way to get our data back?
thanks for your help in advanced
DaveCo
Message 167 of 173
OsirisTerje
Aspirant

When I try to get the product code from web site, it redirects to my Stora device, and throws me a blank page again.

Seems like Catch22

Where do I really FIND that product code ?
Message 168 of 173
Southkil
Aspirant

OsirisTerje wrote:
When I try to get the product code from web site, it redirects to my Stora device, and throws me a blank page again.

Seems like Catch22

Where do I really FIND that product code ?

Hi,

Code is either on the underneath of the stora unit or on the sleeve of the CD supplied with the stora.

🙂
Message 169 of 173
nickwuk
Aspirant

Orange disk light

What can I do with my Stora which has the following issues:

1) On start up the disk light is green but then changes to (solid) orange
2) The repair tool doesn't seem to change this.
3) I can't access the Stora via the network.
4) UFS Explorer will read the disk ok from a usb caddy.

I assume there must be some kind of disk error(s), is there some way to fix?
Message 170 of 173
HaYTo
Aspirant

thanks
I failed to tell you that I used method 1 and 2
3 method failed 😞
What is the solution

Netgear MS2110
http://i.imgur.com/s7ANIQP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QVMrm94.png
Message 171 of 173
int2723
Aspirant

The code is most likely on the bottom of the Stora itself, that's where mine was. Sorry I'm five years late here. 😄
Message 172 of 173
chinxxx
Aspirant

Thanks, in advance, for any info.
Very interesting. thanks for sharing. 🙂

รู้ลึก รู้จริงเรื่อง วิเคราะห์แม่น เรื่องฟุตบอลที่นี่ที่เดียว วิเคราะห์บอล
Message 173 of 173
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7