× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stora agent won't automatically log in

simonro1977
Aspirant

Stora agent won't automatically log in

Hi

I'm having an annoying problem with the stora agent. When I start windows it won't automatically log in, and although I've ticked the "remember me" box I still have to enter the password every time.

Does anyone have any idea how I can sort this out so the agent logs me in automatically and maps the appropriate drives without me having to manually click login and enter the password?

I'm running agent version 1.3.3.1073 in Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Simon
Message 1 of 6
Yoji
Aspirant

Re: Stora agent won't automatically log in

simonro1977 wrote:

I'm running agent version 1.3.3.1073 in Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Thats an old version.... I am not using the latest version - as I have similar problems to the one you describe with the very latest.

I am using agent version 1.4.2.1767 (latest version -1 I think) and its working fine on my Win 7 ultimate 64 bit (as well as my other machnes... vista 64 bit, and XP 32 bit)

HTH
Cheers
Message 2 of 6
simonro1977
Aspirant

Where did you get that version? I downloaded the setup from the netgear support site, uninstalled my version and installed the "latest" and it is still V1.3.3.1073. If I click the check update box it says I have the latest version!

Simon
Message 3 of 6
Yoji
Aspirant

From here
http://support.stora.hipserv.com/en/downloads/index.html

The ones I use are the "Stora Desktop Applications for version 2.3" versions if I recall.

HTH, let us know how you get on.
Cheers

P.S. For Robyb... would really help if actual version numbers are detailed on the support sites.
Message 4 of 6
simonro1977
Aspirant

I tried the 2.5 version first, but that still wouldn't auto login, so installed the 2.3 version (Stora agen V1.4.2.1767) and it now auto logs in and maps the drives as it should. Only issue I have now is windows UAC bugging me every time I log in. Any ideas how to get windows to allow the hipserve agent to run without any prompting (apart from completely disabling UAC)?

Regards
Simon
Message 5 of 6
Yoji
Aspirant

Thanks for confirming... I posted ages ago that the 2.5 versions do not work properly with regard to drive mapping. I didnt get lots of posts confirming, so nothing seems to have happened.

Like you - the UAC is a pain - but I live with it. I have not found a solution (apart from disable UAC - which I am not prepared to do). I think it needs the developers to certify it. It would be nice if they fix it at the same time the fix the login in the 2.5 version.

You listening Robyb?

Unless anyone else has some ideas?

Cheers
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7