× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stora and Mac High Sierra

cleyr
Follower

Stora and Mac High Sierra

recently installed High Sierra in Mac and now my stora agent stopped working. I tried to install stora desktop application for mac v2.5 but it doesnt allow me to. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 10.24.40 am.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-20 at 10.25.52 am.png

Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Stora and Mac High Sierra

Have you tried right-clicking on the image and selecting open?

This product no longer has maintenance support. There will not be any updates to address any software problems including compatibility issues with major updates to operating systems.

It would probably be a good time to get a ReadyNAS and copy your data across your network to the ReadyNAS.

Message 2 of 4
federicocasarin
Aspirant

Hi,

can you please confirm that the only option is to buy a new server?

i.e. there are no ways i can get my MacBook Pro with HIghSierra to connect to my old Stora.

Thanks

Federico

Message 3 of 4
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Actually you can still use it "like computer"- browse it in network over SMB/Samba share, use it as FTP server, use it as DLNA server and manage it form web interface (http://Stora_IP_Address). If you require to have to use it as network drive - mount it manually.

Alternatively try with Medion LifeCloud desktop agent (It's same Hipserv base firmware) if you really can't live without that applications. I personally do not use them and don't installed them. This wasn't stopped me to use my ancient Stora for it's purpose....

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7