× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Stora unable to locate disks

nor_zander
Follower

Stora unable to locate disks

Hello there.

Hoping for some sound advice regarding my Stora MS2110.

Its fitted with two 1TB WD hard drives and its been working perfectly for several years. But after a power outage disaster struck; when Im booting up it cannot detect any hard drives! The stora powers up, but I cannot hear any of the drives kicking in, nor are there any lights flashing, except for the blue power led.Also, Iam not able to connect to my stora via my other computers (using the stora icon). I can log into my stora account via my browser, but it cannot locate my disks.

So far I have tried to rutn in on and after 15 seconds holding in the reset button untill the orange leds come on (resetting & updating firmware) but this did not solve anything.

I am taking my disks to work to see if they are ok and transfer its contents on a reserve drive there in case I do something foolish and delete all my data. I use my stora to save all my importand data, including family pictures so it will be disaster if both disks are faulty.

If anybody here is familier with this probliem I would very much apprechiate how you solved it. 

Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Stora unable to locate disks

Hi @nor_zander,

1. Is the Stora still being detected as part of the network (getting an IP address from the router)?

2. Are you still able to ping the Stora?

3. Have you tried running the Stora self check tool? If not, you may check the link below.

http://support.netgear.hipserv.com/updates/selfcheck/

4. If it is an option for you, you may check the link below for the steps on how to reset the Stora.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20608/~/how-to-reset-the-stora-to-factory-defaults

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7