× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to boot stora

topbanana
Aspirant

Unable to boot stora

Hi

I've a M2000 stora and do not know the current firmware level 😞

I had a power gitch and now it refuses to boot up - I just get the constant flashing blue light thing and does not boot - I cannot see it on the network and cannot access it.

I've tried the hard reset which it doesn't respond to - just keeps flashing blue with no orange or green lights at all.

I've tried to reflash as per instructions within this community forum however i think I may not have the supported firmware installed for this 😞

Is there anything I can do with this thing to kick it in to life?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Unable to boot stora

Hi @topbanana,

Please check the link below for the recommended steps on how to re-flash the Stora firmware and see if those are the steps that you have taken.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Stora-Legacy/Re-flash-your-NetGear-Stora/m-p/264219#M441

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 6
topbanana
Aspirant

Hi Dexter

yes those are the steps I've followed. It doesn't matter how many times I try with disks in or out but I cannot trigger the update - i.e. I cannot get the stora in to a position where the blue light goes out and the HDD1LED goes orange 😞

Message 3 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @topbanana,

It is possible that the power glitch may have corrupted the firmware of the Stora. I recommend connecting the hard drives to a computer that runs Linux in order for you to retrieve and backup the data that you have stored. You may also check the link below as an alternative.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team
Message 4 of 6
topbanana
Aspirant

Hi

thanks for that. once I've copied the data I want from a drive that was in the stora via linux/mount of xfs file system, is there any way of re-flashing the stora so it's usable again?

thanks

Message 5 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @topbanana,

It is quite difficult to tell if it is possible or not since you have already followed the guide and the device does not seem to go to the state where it would allow you to re-flash.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7