× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to reflash stora

DoctorMesmer
Tutor

Hi Gitsov,

My Stora has also bricked. Can you PM me the instructions to get it back online?

Thanks.

Message 251 of 327
Farit
Aspirant

Hello dear Gitsov,

Thank you very much. With your assistance I managed to recover my Stora MS200. So, I don't need a "32bit based solution" for my case. I pray God to always give you power in your efforts to help people searching for kind advise.

With best regards, Farit

Message 252 of 327
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Hello,

glad to see that you managed to recover your unit. About 32bit recovery ... probably I will finish it, when I have some free time. Sorry, that I did not finished in time - there was very busy days recently.

Message 253 of 327
GuidoB
Aspirant

Hello Gitsov,

Recovery worked perfectly has long as I followed your directions. QNAP NASes don't work. Once I got the UI I also had to manually bring up the 2 4TB drives I'm running. Once the RAID1 was rebuilt all my data appeared. Thanks much!

Message 254 of 327
blackpavilion
Aspirant

@Gitsov : I think you didn't see my previous post, I also need the recovery instructions. Could you sent it? Thanks in advance
Message 255 of 327
Bakkerman
Aspirant

Hi Gitsov,

Could you please share your remedy, unable to get Stora into recovery mode for a reflash.

much appreciated in advance.

Mark

Message 256 of 327
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Hi,

Can you please check your PayPal registered e-mail address?

I've sent you e-mail with all required files and details, as I received PayPal donation for you. Many thanks for that!

Message 257 of 327
Bakkerman
Aspirant

Fixed, up and running again,

Legend!!

Message 258 of 327
gionny
Aspirant

Hi Gitsov,

i am italian, sorry for my English.

My Stora MS2000 after factory reset now is unable to setup from browser, it end with error /var/www/admin/update.pm to line xxx (I don't remember).

SSH is ok, sharing file from windows ok, putty ok, but browser don't complete the setup procedure. Do you think to help me?

Message 259 of 327
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Hello,

sorry for late picking up on this - check your PMs. There is a two ways to bypass that error.

Message 260 of 327
ricturn1
Aspirant

Please could you help with instructions on updating M2110 firmware without internet connection.

kind regards,

Ric Turner

Message 261 of 327
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Hello,

you have PM.

Message 262 of 327
ricturn1
Aspirant

NO GO!!

ubiformat: mtd2 (nand), size 261095424 bytes (249.0 MiB), 1992 eraseblocks of 131072 bytes (128.0 KiB), min. I/O size 2048 bytes
libscan: scanning eraseblock 1991 -- 100 % complete ubiformat: error!: all 1992 eraseblocks are bad

FATAL: Error inserting ubi (kernel/drivers/mtd/ubi/ubi.ko): No space left on device
Cannot open libubi: No such file or directory
mount: ubi0:rootfs: unknown device

Looks like Nand stuffed??

Message 263 of 327
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Yes, dead NAND. There are theree options at this point:

- Vanilla Debian on USB flash drive, if mtd0/U-Boot is still alive and healthy. You will need to setup all from scratch and configure it by hand.

- Replacement of NAND. I have some spares (256MB/512MB), preprogrammed, ready for soldering. Contact me with PM for more details.

- New device or plug the disks in your computer for storage.

Message 264 of 327
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hello, i'm french and i'm not very good in English.

My Stora is KO and it's impossible to connected with it.

Do you have a solution?

Thanks

Message 265 of 327
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Try to reflash firmware, if it does not succeed - you will need to replace it (with another Stora unit or different brand/model NAS unit).

I've sent you PM with instructions - send me reply to PM with results, no matter what they are.

Message 266 of 327
Ciupaska
Aspirant

Hi, I have old second hand M2110.

I've changed both HDD's to new ones and performed reset procedure - as described here: https://kb.netgear.com/20608/How-to-Reset-the-Stora-to-Factory-Defaults.

I can connect to it via web interface using default IP address, but can't format drives to use it.

Currently after power-up my Stora lights are: blue (for power) and two red (for HDDs).

What to do?

Message 267 of 327
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Try to reflash unit using method from PM which I've sent you. And sorry for a delay - there was some hard days for me (too much work).

Message 268 of 327
Kevo1959
Aspirant

Hello, are the files and pdf still available to repair my unit

MS2000

Thanks

Message 269 of 327
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Yes, I think ...

Message 270 of 327
Kevo1959
Aspirant

Thank you for your fast response.

How do i find them?

Message 271 of 327
Nikesh
Aspirant

Hi, I have the same issues, would it be possible to send me info to see if I can bring it back from the dead? Thanks.
Message 272 of 327
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Please check your PMs. Follow instructions carefully.

Message 273 of 327
Influential_
Aspirant

Hi Gitsov, 

Just recently had the time to attempt to restore my Stora. I got to this point and it just stopped:

libscan: scanning eraseblock 1991 -- 100 % complete   ubiformat: warning! : only 741 of 1980 eraseblocks have valid erase counter.

I know that it says in the guide that only 14 should be bad. Does this mean that the nand is bad or is there a way around this?

Message 274 of 327
Gitsov
Virtuoso

You have too much bad (and too less usable) cells in NAND. Probably next step with wrting firmware will/was fail(ed).

Generally you can give it another try, but I am not sure that result will be different.

Workaround is NAND chip replacement. I have some spares available, drop me a PM if you are interested.

Message 275 of 327
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7