× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Unable to reflash stora

Alevsha
Aspirant

Thank you very much Gitsov for helping restore Stora’s work.
There was also a problem with the Stora agent, it is related to the settings of Windows 10.
Helped fix the problem too Gitsov

Model: MS2000|Media Server|EOL
Message 301 of 327
jamierytlewski1
Aspirant

Can someone post the flash instructions? MIne worked great until about 2 months ago and I haven't felt like dealing with it until now. I can't login, but it works and both drives appear to be working. Will this re-flashing cause data loss?

Message 302 of 327
Charl3s_
Aspirant

Hi,

I too would appcreciate some help recovering my Bricked Stora if it's possible.

Message 303 of 327
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Guys,

Please drop me a PM. I will reply as soon as possible, when I come back from work at home.

Message 304 of 327
ZZ22AA__
Aspirant

Hi Gitsov,

my unit stop working some months ago.

I was able to reach it via SSH (putty/Filezilla) but during some modifications to the smb.conf file, maybe (I forgot!!) I should have done something wrong with the root password or with an update... I really don't remember.

Now I can't login as a root anymore!! Any possible root passwords don't work.

I have tried to re-flash the unit (15 sec procedure), hoping to reset to factory defaults (including root password!) but I can't still login.

So!! Before bringing the unit to the trash bin, is there anything I can still do to grant root access? 

Many thanks in advance!!

Fabrizio

Message 305 of 327
domlio
Aspirant

Hi all

I have a similar issue.  I've done a factory reset and now, because I can't activate the Stora, and my exisitng user account was deleted in the factoryt reset, I have a bricked Stora :-(.  Can anyone share a solution to get the unit activated and new admin account created?

Message 306 of 327
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Everyone ... please hold on a while. I need to get back at home from work and check what's going on. Probably in upcoming days I will try to do something.

At least this night I need to reset my unit and to check for reliable method to register/activate it offline. There was a solution for a maybe last year or two for backing-up registration data, but it works on previously registered unit. On "virgin" ones, without existing backup it won't work or not as expected.

Message 307 of 327
ZZ22AA__
Aspirant

Hi Gitsov,

I have written to DexterJB and he gives to me the correct data but now when accessing the Stora I can reach the registration page anymore. It stops..
When you come back to home if you remember give me some idea pls.

Many thanks, 

Fabrizio

Message 308 of 327
Crowbgd
Tutor

Stora again https://ibb.co/Bf3Ctkn

Message 309 of 327
ZZ22AA__
Aspirant

Exactly the same problem.

DexterJB has been informed but no answer from him sinca last week.

Model: MS2110|Media Server|EOL
Message 310 of 327
Crowbgd
Tutor

TIme to replace this old Stora

Message 311 of 327
Neo__40
Tutor

Hello,

I am exactly in the same case after having reset factory my stora (https://ibb.co/Bf3Ctkn)because I no longer remembered my password. I just saw that mystora.com is no longer accessible since April 1. I hope there is a solution in order to pass this step and to be able to use the stora locally because I can't imagine sending a perfectly functioning NAS to the trash ...

Message 312 of 327
Gitsov
Virtuoso

I am looking on this. Unfortunately I am overloaded on my dayjob where I am getting my monthly funds for living, so it will take a time. I had working solution for backing-up activation data of already actuvated unit for a maybe last 2 years, but now obviously it requires rework to bypass missing servers.

Please bear with me. There will be solution.

Message 313 of 327
Crowbgd
Tutor

Today I solved the problem and switched to Seagate Blackarmor 440. After years of stuttering from Stora, I turned on a serious NAS

Message 314 of 327
Neo__40
Tutor

OK, thank you. I stay tuned to the forum.
Message 315 of 327
sicknessuntamed
Aspirant

Hello, I also have a stora that was working until i had to replace my network and now I am unable to access it or see it on the network, I do believe it has something to do with ip differences but is there a way to reset this unit so i am able to use it again or am I doomed to build a storage server of my own?

Thank you in advance, John

Running windows 10 pro and this unit is for a home entertainment storage setup

Model: MS2120|Media Server|EOL
Message 316 of 327
sicknessuntamed
Aspirant

sorry for the dbl post, just wanted to let you know it has been registered to my pc for a few years but after i used "reset" it no longer accepts my username but it does still have files on it, i am able to see them in the media server just unable to login or access those files. thank you and if the intructions are still available please let me know, I have sent a pm to you kind sir. Thank you in advance

Message 317 of 327
DoctorMesmer
Tutor

I'm in the same situation; reflashed my Stora after it crashed (again!) but it can't connect to the server any more to download the firmware and complete the process. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Model: MS2110|Media Server|EOL
Message 318 of 327
sicknessuntamed
Aspirant

I wish I had any information for you but I had to scrap the stora unit and build my own, lost all my data but this one is working better than any stora I have ever used. Old pc, 4 hdd's and free software now I'm good to go.
Message 319 of 327
tihas
Initiate

Hi guys.

I found a working MS2000 nas and managed to softbrick it. Made factory reset, as nobody knew the passwords there. Now it is stuck in registration, trying to reach servers, that probably don't exist any more. I understand there is a clever workaround? I am ready and willing to buy a coffe and a croissaint to anyone, who can help to bring it back to life.

Thanks!

Message 320 of 327
tiaderosa
Guide

Hi Gitsov, if you could be so kind as to share the solution with me as well, it would be much appreciated!

regards

Message 321 of 327
tiaderosa
Guide

You have to follow instructios in the "Netgear stora cannot registration" post.

more details here https://web.archive.org/web/20170525050200/http:/www.openstora.com/wiki/index.php?title=Root_Access_...

Message 322 of 327
Eman76
Aspirant

Hello Gitsov,

Three years ago, you save my stora. Since this periode, we use it as a backup storage ; the unit is not ON all the time.

This evening I start it but the bleue led stay in blinking mode.

I try to use the restore procedure with the usb key inside. Unfortunately, I didn't see HDD lights blinking 7 times.

Do you think I missed something or I should use the VM procedure to restart my stora ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards,

E.

Message 323 of 327
mdfrecords
Aspirant

Unable to login to stora

Hi can you give me the instruction to get this box working . All I want is to access it through explorer  on Network No Remote conectivity is needed. I have done a reset and now cannot access it, I can see it on my network but  no username or password works. also I need to configure the hdd  as they are not formated.

Cheers

David

Message 324 of 327
Dliryc
Aspirant

Re: Unable to login to stora

Hi Gitsov,

I also found a NGR-MS2000 where everyone has forgotten the passwords.

I didn't try to reset it yet, I know it will be bricked after that.

Is it possible to send me by MP the solution you found ?

I will test the tftp method first.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Message 325 of 327
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7