× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Use STORA like DROPBOX?

bigfoot250375
Novice

Use STORA like DROPBOX?

I have now my Stora since about one year and finally it is working fine most of the time (except some hickups sometimes;))

I have as well an account at Dropbox. I have a dropbox folder at my computer and save something in this folder and my dropbox folder on my other computers will be syncronized automaticly. As this service is limited to 2 GByte I tought about doing the same with my Stora:).

I used some Programs like SyncToy but this is not so easy as dropbox.

Has anybody got an idea? I would for example like to synchronize my documents folder on my computer with my documents at the Stora automatically.

Thx for any ideas or solutions

Bigfoot250375
Message 1 of 15
rsinj
Guide

I could easily write you a Windows program that does this given an hour.

As such, I have to believe that there are freeware things available that would do the same and be more extensive in capability.
Message 2 of 15
sprogy
Aspirant

why not just use the stora as your working documents directory? that way its accessable from pretty much anywhere.
Message 3 of 15
robyb
Aspirant

That's funny, my pc has a "MySync" folder, and whenever I drop files into it, they pop-up on my test Stora's "MySync" folder. Then I get home and the file is on that pc too!!!

Weird! 😉

Roby!
Message 4 of 15
bigfoot250375
Novice

Dear Roby,

this sound like the solution I was looking for:o.

But how did you set up such a system. I can´t find a MySync folder and would not know how to synchronize it.

Which operating System do you use?
How did you set it up that it will syncronize via ftp/internet?
Are you using a special program and if yes which one?

Thx for your help

Regards

Bigfoot250375
Message 5 of 15
robyb
Aspirant

If you were not aware, I work for Axentra. I was simply teasing that the feature you ask for, is currently in development. 😄

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 6 of 15
bigfoot250375
Novice

Hi Robby,

as I have my Stora now for one year it was nearly impossible not to find this forum nor you:D! So I am fully aware that you are working for Axentra!

I would be very grateful if you could implement this funcionallity into the stora as these programs (like dropbox) are not very cheap for what they are ($20 for 100 GByte per month).

Will this be part of the next update and when can we expect it?

Looking forward to hear from you!

Regards

Bigfoot250375
Message 7 of 15
hrabeX
Aspirant

install hamachi on Stora and you will have you shared folders everywhere like at home.
Message 8 of 15
robyb
Aspirant

bigfoot250375 wrote:
Hi Robby,

as I have my Stora now for one year it was nearly impossible not to find this forum nor you:D! So I am fully aware that you are working for Axentra!

I would be very grateful if you could implement this funcionallity into the stora as these programs (like dropbox) are not very cheap for what they are ($20 for 100 GByte per month).

Will this be part of the next update and when can we expect it?

Looking forward to hear from you!

Regards

Bigfoot250375

We don't have any timelines yet, it's still under planning/development. But it should become available at some point 🙂

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 9 of 15
sjscicluna
Aspirant

robyb wrote:
We don't have any timelines yet, it's still under planning/development. But it should become available at some point 🙂

Cheers,
Roby!

http://www.silly-science.co.uk/2010/12/08/rsync-backup-dropbox-style-setup/:D
Message 10 of 15
robyb
Aspirant

sjscicluna wrote:
http://www.silly-science.co.uk/2010/12/08/rsync-backup-dropbox-style-setup/:D

Nice post, unfortunately that's not going to be useful for most of our products target audience(ssh keys, no recycle bin, etc).

MySync is in it's final testing phases and will be available as a Premium Service in the next update(2.5.3)

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 11 of 15
sjscicluna
Aspirant

robyb wrote:
Nice post, unfortunately that's not going to be useful for most of our products target audience(ssh keys, no recycle bin, etc).

MySync is in it's final testing phases and will be available as a Premium Service in the next update(2.5.3)

Cheers,
Roby!

Is this now working??????
Message 12 of 15
robyb
Aspirant

sjscicluna wrote:
Is this now working??????

It's on your Stora, we're waiting for approvals to turn it on 😉

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 13 of 15
Jimmyalenius
Aspirant

Roby, how do you promote the new features? Do you have a news site or someting that I can visit? Do you mail your customers news? I would love to have as much new stuff about STORA and how to set it up!

Regards / Jimmy
Message 14 of 15
robyb
Aspirant

Jimmyalenius wrote:
Roby, how do you promote the new features? Do you have a news site or someting that I can visit? Do you mail your customers news? I would love to have as much new stuff about STORA and how to set it up!

Regards / Jimmy

We promote it on mystora.com... and this forum 🙂

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 15 of 15
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7