× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Why can't Stora play .m4v video?

Manhole
Aspirant

Why can't Stora play .m4v video?

Hi there

I use my Stora to stream via iPads and iPhones to my Apple TV 3 and usually it works like a charm. Now I've got these .m4v 2GB and larger movies that it won't play, why is that?

Message 1 of 14
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The Stora has nothing to do with it, its more than likely a protected file. DRM copy protection.
Message 2 of 14
Manhole
Aspirant

searay wrote:
The Stora has nothing to do with it, its more than likely a protected file.
DRM copy protection.

Thanks, that might in fact be the problem.

Any plans on supporting MKV's in the future?
Message 3 of 14
Retired_Member
Not applicable

If you're asking will apple support MKV files, I have no idea. Check the apple site for each apple product you have.

The stora is a hard drive and shouldn't have any effect on weather a device plays a file or not.
Message 4 of 14
Southkil
Aspirant

Try FileExplorer, on iTunes app store. It plays lots of video types. There is a free version to try out first.

🙂
Message 5 of 14
Manhole
Aspirant

searay wrote:
If you're asking will apple support MKV files, I have no idea. Check the apple site for each apple product you have.

The stora is a hard drive and shouldn't have any effect on weather a device plays a file or not.

I was asking if the flash-GUI of the Stora was to support MKV's in the future.

When you log onto the device you are met with HipServ's GUI software, which at the time being, is unable to play MKV, Video_TS, AVI etc.
Message 6 of 14
Manhole
Aspirant

Southkil wrote:
Try FileExplorer, on iTunes app store. It plays lots of video types. There is a free version to try out first.

🙂

Thanks... I'll check it out 🙂
Message 7 of 14
Southkil
Aspirant

Manhole wrote:
I was asking if the flash-GUI of the Stora was to support MKV's in the future.

When you log onto the device you are met with HipServ's GUI software, which at the time being, is unable to play MKV, Video_TS, AVI etc.

I doubt whether it will support the above files as support has sort of stopped for the Stora. I haven't seen an update for ages.

🙂
Message 8 of 14
Manhole
Aspirant

Southkil wrote:
I doubt whether it will support the above files as support has sort of stopped for the Stora. I haven't seen an update for ages.

🙂

You're probably right, then FileExplorer can be a great workaround, but since you have to upgrade from the free version to play MKV, AVI etc. I haven't been able to check it out
Message 9 of 14
chris198810
Aspirant

If these video files can't be played at this moment, try Brorsoft Video Converter for reformat these files to a supported video.
Message 10 of 14
axiaose
Aspirant

You can find the videoconverter from mxf converter right links. converting mp4, mov, m4v with the video converter for mac softwares.
Message 11 of 14
Kareo
Aspirant

Well, m4v is the video that you need to buy, if you don't want to buy, you can convert it using some converters. I use Adoreshare M4V Video Converter, this converter has free and paid versions, I use the paid, you can use the free, I don't know how depth it is
Message 12 of 14
redcat111
Novice

Click here you will get a DVD ripper which can convert dvd movies to digital file format easily.
Message 13 of 14
lurzan
Novice

Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7