× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: factory default MS2000

AndersBJ
Aspirant

factory default MS2000

I made a factory default at my NAS, after that i can not access it anymore.

I can ping the NAS but i can´t setup my NAS.

I don´t know what to do, can anyone help me?

Message 1 of 33
StephenB
Guru

Re: factory default RND 2110

What happens when you enter https://nas-ip-address/admin in your web browser?

Also, what status is RAIDar showing you?  https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

Message 2 of 33
AndersBJ
Aspirant

No diffrent if i try "https://192.168.0.161/admin".

Will test the other later, just wonder which RAIDar version i should try ...

Message 3 of 33
StephenB
Guru

@AndersBJ wrote:

Will test the other later, just wonder which RAIDar version i should try ...

Version 6.3 is fine for this.   

The only issue with version 6.3 and legacy NAS is if you want to get into flexraid.  That requires RAIDar 4.3.8

Message 4 of 33
AndersBJ
Aspirant

Now i test with RAIDar 6.3 and not find the drive.

Message 5 of 33
StephenB
Guru

Can you still ping it?

What happens if you power down the NAS, remove the drives (label by slot), and then power it up again?  What should happen is that RAIDar should find the NAS and report a "no disks" status.

Also, what firmware is your NAS running?

Message 6 of 33
AndersBJ
Aspirant

Yes i can ping my stora, i also see that it´s not stora 2110 it´s an MS2000.
I take out the disk but no diffent.

I don´t know my firmware.

Message 7 of 33
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

A Stora is not a ReadyNAS which would explain why the troubleshooting above didn't help. I've moved your thread to the correct board.

Message 8 of 33
AndersBJ
Aspirant

Does anyone have any ideas that can help me install the Stora MS2000?

Message 9 of 33
Gitsov
Virtuoso

What LEDs are lit when HDDs are outside?

Blue "power" LED is blinking or after some period of blinking become steady? Is any HDD LED are blinking despite that HDD drives are out?

Message 10 of 33
AndersBJ
Aspirant

Without disk:

Blue blink 5 times then wait little then blink 5 times again and continue like that ...

With disk:

Blue blink 5 times then wait little then blink 5 times again and continue like that ...

Both disk led steady green.

And i can ping the device ...

Message 11 of 33
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Unit is in bootloop. Usually that 5 blue blinks should occur once and the LED to become steady. Probably unit is bricked, either because you tried by accident to recover firmware (most likely) or because NAND developed bad cell. Check yout PMs - I've sent you instruction for firmware recovery.

Message 12 of 33
AndersBJ
Aspirant

I try to make a FW recovery but it seems not work.

Blue light up and hdd blink green/orange ...

Message 13 of 33
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Please read carefully PM and documentation which I've sent you. Follow instructions carefully if you want to recover firmware.

Message 14 of 33
AndersBJ
Aspirant

I don´t know what i make wrong, i not get instruction from you how to recovery, i try this:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Stora-Legacy/Re-flash-your-NetGear-Stora/td-p/264219

Message 15 of 33
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Check your Private Messages ( mail letter envelope on top right side). I have sent you message. That recovery which you are doing is just stock recovery process which does not work, because server which should serve firmware isn't available anymore (Netgear decided to stop it for some reason). Check PrivateMessage (PM) which I've sent you, read PDF file and follow instructions.

Message 16 of 33
Disect
Initiate

Hi All,
If anybody could PM me the recovery PDF that would be great. Really want my Stora back up.
Message 17 of 33
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Hello,

Sorry for a delay. I've sent you PM with required files and documentation.

Message 18 of 33
Puskai
Aspirant

Hi!

I'm also have bricked stora 2000

Can you send me solution for recovery on PM ?

Message 19 of 33
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Hello,

PM sent.

Message 20 of 33
Ben_95
Aspirant

Hi,
Same problem for my stora MS2000, could please help me? I can’t load the firmware...
Thank you !
Ben
Message 21 of 33
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Hello,

You have PM with instructions.

Message 22 of 33
Disect
Initiate

Hi All,

After a few emails and support calls I've managed to get a win for us all. The recovery site 'should'  be back up and running now.

I am still to confirm this but I got an email confirmation last night that the binary download has been fixed for the recovery process:-)

Hopefully this will help the Stora community.

Message 23 of 33
Gitsov
Virtuoso

It is accessible from my location at the moment.

Message 24 of 33
bordonbert
Guide

I'm suffering symptoms which might be related.  I have another thread on my own situation specifically but I wonder if the solution you suggest here may be the one I need.  My Stora threw a wobbly a week ago and I needed to use the online recovery process.  It stalled the first time and after 48hours of churning I powered down (had to unplug) and repeated it.  It seemed to take the second time and I have full access to my files both on the local network and by web access.  The only problem is that now MiniDlna is not running and I can't get it to start.

I have SSHd onto the Stora via Putty and had a look around.  There seems to still be an installation of MiniDlna which I can use for a little diagnostic work, (when I quewry it it tells me there is no server running for example), but I am stumped from there.

I don't know the current state of play with MiniDlna and Netgear.  Is this another aspect which we have lost?  Or do I just have a corrupt copy which would be sorted out by reinstalling everything with another repair?  Is it possible that your procedure could help me too Gitsov?

Message 25 of 33
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7