× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

find old user names

Carl-JohanL
Aspirant

find old user names

Hi

I've had the mystora for about 10 years and during that time there has been a couple of hard resets. The names of one or or some accounts created initially and that may have contained data may have been lost.  I believe I once found a way to list all users ? but I cant find it now.

Do you know a way to list older user folders which have been lost in gard restets?

Message 1 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: find old user names

Hi @Carl-JohanL,

Welcome to the community!

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Dexter
Community Team

Message 2 of 6
NathanGG
Aspirant

Am in same situation - re

Stora 1Tb

believe I have username still, but lost (and did not write down here after a house move) my old password...

Message 3 of 6
Carl-JohanL
Aspirant

Hi Dexter

I am not sure I am confortable giving away that information, seems just a step short of allowing yourself to become vunerable to an attack

Should not the answer be something like - if you have admin rights click here and there ?

Message 4 of 6
Carl-JohanL
Aspirant

If you have the user name you can with an admin account just create a new profile or if the old exist change the password

Message 5 of 6
Carl-JohanL
Aspirant

I just found a solution to my own problem

One connects through ftp to the Stora and then press up in the folder structure and old users will appear as foldernames.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7