× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

lost Serial number refurbished replacement

evor
Novice

lost Serial number refurbished replacement

Hi
I had a fault on my stora and a replacement was sent out this was over a year ago.
Have had to do a hard reset and is now asking for serial number unfortunately cannot find original disc with serial number on sleeve. Tried one on stora and asks met to contact support, unfortunately as serial number is covered as it is a refurbished unit asked to rais a ticket. Logged on but cannot see where to raise this ticket any help greatly appreciated as at moment Box can only be used as doorstop.
Message 1 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: lost Serial number refurbished replacement

Go to my.netgear.com and put trouble ticket
Message 2 of 10
evor
Novice

they aren't too quick in responding to tickets, searched everywhere I can think of and cannot find disc. Not going to give up looking as feeling I may find it before it gets resolved via support. still find it crazy that you cannot access data due to software on box crashing and only way round was a reset.
Message 3 of 10
robyb
Aspirant

evor wrote:
they aren't too quick in responding to tickets, searched everywhere I can think of and cannot find disc. Not going to give up looking as feeling I may find it before it gets resolved via support. still find it crazy that you cannot access data due to software on box crashing and only way round was a reset.

It's not that crazy, Windows would be the same.

E-mail support@axentra.com with your previous Stora name and a username (to confirm you're the owner). I'll verify your Pk.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 4 of 10
evor
Novice

Think that is rather a slack answer I have a nas hard drive that due to a serial number being lost I cannot access any files the files are on the box just not available to me on my network due to a Necessity to re register a product i have already registered. If windows crashed and needed reloaded I would accept that my files were lost unless backed up onto a NAS oh wait then again ???. I am a lover of the stora it does what I require have had it since 2010 Just do not see a point if I cannot re-register with user name password and stora name I gave it when first registered but need to use a serial number.
Message 5 of 10
evor
Novice

read the first part of your post Roby and saw Red never saw the offer of help until I had written my rant above E-mail sent sincere appologies.
Message 6 of 10
Southkil
Aspirant

I saw Red and liked the film. I looking forward to Red2.

Oh, sorry. I didn't read the full post and got the wrong end of the stick..

🙂

Evor, if anyone can help, Robyb's the man! (I'm assuming a man, as I've never meet them, but as their name is Roby with a 'y' not and 'i' I'm going with that!!)

🙂
Message 7 of 10
robyb
Aspirant

Southkil wrote:
I saw Red and liked the film. I looking forward to Red2.

Oh, sorry. I didn't read the full post and got the wrong end of the stick..

🙂

Evor, if anyone can help, Robyb's the man! (I'm assuming a man, as I've never meet them, but as their name is Roby with a 'y' not and 'i' I'm going with that!!)

🙂

I'm a MANIMAL! 🙂
Message 8 of 10
robyb
Aspirant

***This issue is resolved, so moving on...***

For the record, Netgear support has a list of PK's we gave them for these exact situations... they are *supposed* to be able to help you.

That said... it seems to me like it's a double standard to accept that your Windows machine can crash and not be allowed to re-install without the PK, but not your NAS...

What is more important here is you've indicated that you have no backup of your Stora!!! Please make a backup, I don't want to get your e-mail in a year that your HD has crashed or the filesystem corrupted and you lost all your stuff... PLEASE! If you have a wife... these situations can be a grave danger to your life!

🙂

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 9 of 10
evor
Novice

Roby

on your first point.....:)

Thanks for your assistance must admit mostly use it as a media server and have all the films on DVD stored somewhere.

on the Wife subject if I lose all the films can make that an excuse to disappear upstairs for a few days and re-rip DVD's
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7