× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: mystora.com NOT ACCESSIBLE

Cappella
Tutor

Step by step and maybe it will be possible to use STORA again - we can't login but we see webpage again.

I just want to point out that the certificate is only valid until June 7, 2017 (only 3 weeks left), but I hope that the steps taken also cover the replacement of the certificate.

Finally, we see progress, good work NETGEAR.

Message 101 of 148
Crowbgd
Tutor

Ye i reflash my Stora and I se in network bit is still  is unusable..... Must waithing to register on mysora.com? 

There was an internal error when registering your HipServ device.
The problem has been logged for the Central Server admimistrators' reference.
Please try again later.

unable to get database handle: Unknown MySQL server host 'netgearcsdb.c7neb0etvhdd.us-east-1.rds.amazonaws.com' (0) at /usr/sbin/cpe-register.pl line 70.

Message 102 of 148
Trakkar
Aspirant

Same issue here, terrible connections on Kodi and SMB, spent hours troubleshooting over the last few days, finally decided to hard reset, then of course the re flashing failed.

Now I have the flashing working (now the site is back) but the setup my stora now wont work, hope this gets sorted soon.

man I wish I just left it, would be working now.

I can just see the sysadmins now at hipserv, whats this old server, dunno, lets turn it off and wipe it... lol

Message 103 of 148
Cunny
Aspirant

I have left mine however, with the last few weeks I'm building my own media server and setting a new FTP server for remote uploads.

MyStora can't handle 4k content so this way it all plays fine.

Still credit they've listened and worked to start resolving the issue so fair play
Message 104 of 148
Crowbgd
Tutor

at least we have a chance to do root access bypass registration ...

Message 105 of 148
Hornets_Nest
Guide

Thanks Negear - all up and running at my end with Kodi now able to use SMB (though I think I'll keep the old copy of XMBC as a backup).

Message 106 of 148
Roscoaus
Star

@Crowbgd what do you mean by "do root access bypass registration"?

Message 107 of 148
Crowbgd
Tutor

Yup 

Message 108 of 148
Crowbgd
Tutor

Hm deolt root password is ? 😄 not a password i try

Message 109 of 148
zcobra
Star

Since I've been on this when it began.... It appears a connection has been reestablished to the HipServ server.... This was the "error" we had starting 4/29 and ending around 5/3 when the link to the server went dead.  So, now, the operators of HipServ (we'll call them Axentra) need to fix the software, certificates, whatever so we can access our own Stora.  

It does appear that the issue is progressing to a resolution.... Just hope "Axentra" knows how to correct the inability to link to our hardware.

Good Luck!!

Message 110 of 148
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

MyStora is back up. Can you confirm for us that your systems can reconnect to Stora servers?

Message 111 of 148
Crowbgd
Tutor

How u login ?

Message 112 of 148
zcobra
Star

Thie site's login page is back up but no one can log in..... It states "There was an error retrieving the page you requested. The error has been logged for the Administrators' reference."    The same error before the log in page totally disappeared back around May 3rd 2017.

When someone actually can connect to their Stora through mystora.com then please report it here.... Until then, we are in a hold pattern until Axentra fixes their issue with the server.

One can't get too excited about this "development"

Message 113 of 148
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Okay, I think I know what that part of the issue is. Let me work on that and I will report back when it should be working fully again.

Message 114 of 148
douglas_cheung
NETGEAR Expert

Hello everyone,

Our apologies for your distress.  And I hope that you appreciate the difficulty that we faced and the equal amount (probably more, and should be more) distress that we feel.

Please try again.  The server is up and the service is up.

You may need to renew your certificate if you use Chrome and Firefox.  You may see a certificate revocation message.

Do let us know how it goes with your Stora and your data.

Doug

Message 115 of 148
convict
Tutor

@douglas_cheungthanks for you reply. I have successfully re-registered my Stora and re-created my user account which has given me access to all my files again.

Appreciate all the support from Netgear to fix a third party problem.

I just hope safeguards have been put in place to prevent this from happening in the future.

Thanks

Message 116 of 148
zcobra
Star

Thanks to the staff at Netgear for resolving this issue for the loyal Stora users.  

If you are able to explain... Is Netgear now the adminstrators of our Stora's HipServ access or is a third party still involved?  If they are, what future can we expect with our Stora?  short-term or long-term continued use?

While perhaps beyond your concern, but related....I had used the HipServ+ app on my iPhone and that still seems to not work...Nor does their older iPhone app for smartphone access to the Stora.  I know I can use my web browser to access... but, the app was more mobile friendly.

Do the current owners of HipServ have a renewed interest in their user base or has Nexgear given us contnued use to your product.

Thanks again

BTW... If it wasn't clear, I can connect once again to my Stora through a webbrowers AND the Nomad desktop application.

Message 117 of 148
douglas_cheung
NETGEAR Expert

Hello all,

NETGEAR has taken over the server and the hosting of the service.  But we have not been able to take over the technology which means NETGEAR will not be able to fix any bugs and make code updates so that the whole Stora suite of features is compatible with the latest iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, etc. etc.

I strongly recommend that you backup any data you have on Stora.  And I recommend that you take a look at NETGEAR's current offerings.

RN212: 2-bay.  Consumer personal data storage.  2x GbE.  Quad core ARM Cortex 15

RN214: 4-bay.  Consumer personal data storage.  2x GbE.  Quad core ARM Cortex 15

RN422: 2-bay: Business data storage.  2x GbE.  Dual core Atom C3000

RN424: 4-bay: Business data storage.  2x GbE.  Dual core Atom C3000

The RN420s are a bit pricy.  But they are hot!

If you do a lot of Plex, there are RN520s and RN620x to consider.  They are great for people who are nuts about video.

The world has changed quite bit since the Stora days.  (I don't remember if Amazon existed in 2009.)  Now, you can sync your photo from your iPhone to Amazon photo (unlimited if you have Prime), and then sync your Amazon photo to your ReadyNAS.  You get all the facial recognition, place grouping, etc. goodies from Amazon photo, and the forever data storage in your own home.  The operation of ReadyNAS does not depend on any cloud service, though it has plenty of cool cloud based services available.

Check it out.

Doug

Message 118 of 148
Crowbgd
Tutor

login as: root
Stora version 10.0.x
root@192.168.1.8's password:
-bash-3.2#

Message 119 of 148
Crowbgd
Tutor

Ne is back. Now u can use again Stora. 

Message 120 of 148
Cunny
Aspirant

Yes back up and running so thank you.

I've took my stora down as a media server and now use my pc which wil be more reliable.

To be fair this is the worst issue I've had with the stora unit. But like you said technology moves on and I have no interest in current NAS offering.

My stora will no be reduced in capacity and used as a file server at home.

Thank you for hosting the service at least we can use it as remote access
Message 121 of 148
Cappella
Tutor

Finally, I can log in remotely.

What a beautiful day!

Message 122 of 148
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Glad the server's up and running again now.

Thanks for confirming it's now working again for you.

Message 123 of 148
Cappella
Tutor

Just need a new certificate on the website

Message 124 of 148
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

We're looking into that. The priority was to get the server back up and running.

Message 125 of 148
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7