× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: "Unable to login to "[NAS NAME]" as user "[USERNAME]"

DAtech
Tutor

"Unable to login to "[NAS NAME]" as user "[USERNAME]"

On Friday I was able to access the NAS through the Stora Agent from my computer. I come in to work yesterday morning and my computer had done an auto-update and restart and I had to log back in to the computer and when I went to login to Stora it gave me the error message "Unable to login to "[NAS NAME]" as user "[USERNAME]".

Everyone else in the office can still access the NAS through the Stora Agent login, so three other computers using the same login as I'm trying to use, can access it without issue. 

I am on an HP with Windows 8.

I CAN access the NAS via IP and Mystora.com. It shows up as a UPNP.

I have tried:

• Adding a mapped drive with and without "different credentials" - gives error that specified name no longer exists. (\\IP\FamilyLibrary) 
  • Updating the network drivers - same error
  • Adding a new user name - same error.
  • Restarting NAS through the web UI - same error
  • Revoking and giving back access to the Family Library - same error
  • Deleting the primary user account and then adding it back - same error
  • Making a NAS user that is the same as my Windows login - same error.
  • Upgrading to 2.5 Stora Agent - it started telling me the login was incorrect when it wasn't
  • Reverting the computer to before the Windows update over the weekend - same error
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling various versions of the Stora Agent - same error
  • Installed the Stora Self Diagnostic and Repair Tool - same error
  • Hard reboot - same error
  • Re-flash - same error

What am I missing? What else can I try? I've scoured these forums to find solutions and nothing has worked yet. It's critical that I be able to access the NAS from my computer, not over the internet.

Message 1 of 10
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @DAtech,

I suggest uninstalling the Stora Agent from the computer then make sure you delete the previously mapped drives pointing to the Stora. Then try accessing the Stora through the Run command (Windows Key + R) and type \\(Stora IP). If you are able to access it through that way then you can reinstall the Stora Agent and remap the drive.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 10
shalipe
Aspirant

I have the same problem.

I can acess the stora through Web and through other computers. I can't acess runing command (Windows Key + R) and typing \\(Stora IP).

Any other ideas?

Message 3 of 10
shalipe
Aspirant

Found the problem!!!

I've discovered that there were some ip's blockers on my hosts file (C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts). I just removed them and boom! The login to the Stora Agent got back to work again!

Thanks anyway!

Message 4 of 10
DAtech
Tutor

@DexterJB

I uninstalled Stora Applications.

I used these instuctions to delete the mapped drives (the previously mapped drives, if they were mapped, don't show up under Windows Explorer disconnect mapped drive) 

Run>\\[STORA IP] gives me the message "The specififed network name is no longer available"

@shalipe

That file doesn't contain any blocked IPs for me.

Message 5 of 10
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @DAtech,

Please disable the Windows Firewall or any other security software on the computer and check if it works.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 10
DAtech
Tutor

I turned off Trend Micro and Windows Firewall and did the run>\\IP and got the same error message.

Message 7 of 10
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @DAtech,

May I know if the computer can access other network resources? Have you tried accessing folders/files on other computers?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 8 of 10
DAtech
Tutor

Yes, I print over the network and my computer has to access QuickBooks files from another printer. Every other function was fine except letting me log in to the NAS.

Absolutely perplexing, we had to buy a new NAS, since nothing else worked.

Message 9 of 10
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @DAtech,

This is certainly a very unique case and it seems that it is isolated to that specific computer. As an alternative, you may utilize FTP in accessing your Stora if you are still considering in making it part of your network.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7