× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: recovering STORA name ?

LukeKuchta
Follower

recovering STORA name ?

Hello every one,

i have found my Stora dead couple days ago, after some strugle i managed to restart it and it shows up on my router listing.

But when i try to type its IP into browser it sends me to configuration page and asks for product key ( not a problem, have this one)

and stora name (associated with mystora.com) and here is problem as i cant remember what was it.

Is there any way to recover that ?

I have tried to get that through customer service and failed badly with 4 days of calling phone numbers that doesn't exist and spending 2 hours on chat with representative just following instructions from manual without really taking a grip of the case.

Thanks for any help,

all my data is stored on that device 😕

Best regards

Luke Kuchta

Message 1 of 99
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @LukeKuchta,

We would like to assist you with your concern. I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 99
IvanB
Aspirant

Hi! I have the same issue with my Stora - I've recovered it but I cannot remember it's name - could you please post an answer to share solution of the problem?

Thank you in advance!

Ivan

Message 3 of 99
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @IvanB,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 99
eddiecasanova
Aspirant

I dont remember my CLoud name either 

Message 5 of 99
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @eddiecasanova,

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 99
meatbeast
Aspirant

Hi,

similar issue, I dont know my stora name, also the webpage isnt loading, works fine as a mapped windows drive and dlna device though, just want to be able to log in and update the fw.

cheers,

John

ps I've reset it but that hasnt fixed it, and ive run the fix utility

http://support.netgear.hipserv.com/updates/selfcheck/done.html

Message 7 of 99
meatbeast
Aspirant

update, i did the flash reset process where it goes on line and update and now the web gui is up and running again... yay,

however ,i'm now stuck as I have the product key but dont know the stora name?

Message 8 of 99
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @meatbeast,

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 9 of 99
silviosky
Aspirant

I don't remember My stora Name.
Please help me
Message 10 of 99
sawee
Aspirant

I need help recovering my stora name. I have gone through the self check and tried to complete a hard reset but I think I may have used the wrong stora name. At any rate I have the white screen when I try to access the webUI and ssh doesn't seem to work and I can't access any volumes, but ping works and the pages try to load I just get http://10.0.0.64/homebase/signin?i=6190026

Message 11 of 99
ivanrpt
Initiate

I just bought used NetGear Stora MS2000, and  I don't know stora name. Please help me.

Message 12 of 99
blackpavilion
Aspirant

Hi, I have the same problem. I made a hard reset because webgui wasn't working and I don't remember stora name. Can't re-register it. Help! Smiley Sad

Message 13 of 99
ivanrpt
Initiate

use a support service, they help me very quickly.

Message 14 of 99
t0mt0m
Aspirant

Hi,

I have similar problem. Usede Stora, registered few year ago can not be registered with any new Stora Name. It doesn't works even with old Stora Name, seller found it somehow? Is it ant possibility to reset that? Can anybody help me?

Message 15 of 99
silviosky
Aspirant

Hi Dexter,

i've lost My stora Name, Please help me.

Message 16 of 99
papik1983
Aspirant

Hi,

Same issue here. I did a reset of the device because it stoped working and failed to boot. Now I have problem registering the device again because of the lost stora name. Can someone help me with that please?

best regards

Patryk

Message 17 of 99
kbarzdo
Aspirant

Hello,

I have a similar problem as many other before me... after few years not using a Netgear Stora I do not remember Stora name, login or password. I did reset the device but without an old registerd Stora name I can not go further.

I have the Pruduct Key but still without knowing the old Stora name I can not do anything.

Please help me with this issue.

Thanks a lot.

Message 18 of 99
trikker77
Aspirant

Hey

Same problem for me. Please help.

Message 19 of 99
silviosky
Aspirant

it's unbelievable not get a response, as it makes the device unusable. Very Bad Bad Bad Support.

if I had known that I couldn't reset the name as the password, would get better care to remember, but I didn't know and it's still absurd not to be able to reset the name.

Please answer ALL OF US

Message 20 of 99
meatbeast
Aspirant

Hi everyone,

happy newyear! just found loads of updates to this thread in my spam folder, sorry,

I emailed this guy Axentra Support <support@hipplay.com with my username and product key and they sorted it for me

Message 21 of 99
trikker77
Aspirant

Hi

I just sent Dexter a private message with Serial nr., product code and mac address. A few days later there were answers and my Stora is running again.

Message 22 of 99
Boaconstrictor
Aspirant

Hello. I did a hard reset on my NetGear Stora MS2000. But forget the old name Stora. And now I can not re-register. The product is registered in my personal account, but how to reset the name of Stora, I have not found. Help solve the problem, please.

Message 23 of 99
lopezno68
Aspirant

HI DexterJB,  I dont remember de NETGEAR Stora MS2110 name.

Please, help me

Message 24 of 99
garin
Aspirant

I also have the same problem with not remebering my stora name MS2110. Has been dead for sometime but found details on the resetting process and it looks like its up and running again I just cant register it.  Help please 🙂

Message 25 of 99
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7