× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: recovering STORA name ?

silviosky
Aspirant

Thank U Dexter, my problem is solved.

Message 26 of 99
lopezno68
Aspirant

Hi Dexter, you have resolved my problem. Thank you very much

Message 27 of 99
hibbert32
Aspirant

Had to factory reset the Stora as it once again refused to respond and now it is asking me for my Stora name which I know because I have the original email that I got when I subscribed to the premium account, but the registration wizard is telling me that the name is incorrect. Can you please help me?

Many thanks

Message 28 of 99
garin
Aspirant

Hi @DexterJB can you help with recovering my stora name ?

Message 29 of 99
Makkocska29
Aspirant

Hi @DexterJB can you help with recovering my stora name too? I did a hard reset on it..

Message 30 of 99
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @DexterJB, i also need help. I've got second hand stora MS2000, after hard reset. 

Registration fails after entering product key and stora name (new one) - don't know old set storaname.

Best regards

S

Message 31 of 99
stroobach
Aspirant

Hello @DexterJB,

I have forgotten my STORA name too. I own a MS2000 Can you please help me? Thank you in advance!

Kind Regards,

Richard

Message 32 of 99
betan56
Aspirant

Hi @DexterJB,

after a hard reset of my stora MS2120, i can't remember the register name of it so I can't use it. It seems you be able to help me.

Regards,

Bertrand

Message 33 of 99
dbard
Aspirant

Hi @DexterJB, i also need help.  I have 2 Netgear Stora units, which were setup long ago and I've just reset, thinking to setup them again.  Unfortuantly I'm now caught not knowing the original Stora names and can't register.  Could you please help?

Thanks,

Dbard

Message 34 of 99
jakebot
Aspirant

Well looks like i'm in the same boat as the lot of you.
Again, help me @DexterJB you're my only hope.

Or if anybody else can help me out (as it seems Dexter PM'd a lot of people) 

I would appreciate that as well.

Thanks,
Jake

Message 35 of 99
Blackened21
Aspirant

Rif.: recovering STORA name ?

Hi @DexterJB,

I have forgotten my STORA name. I have a MS2000... can you please help me?

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

Andrea

Message 36 of 99
QuickShiva
Aspirant

I would like to renew my product id for a new configuration. Can you help me please?

Message 37 of 99
jakebot
Aspirant

I'm desperately and growing impatiently waiting for the resolution for this. If somebody other than Dexter has found the solution PLEASE let me know.

Thank you,

Jake

Message 38 of 99
Juek
Aspirant

Hi Dexter,

i've lost My stora Name MS2000, Please help me too

Model: ND508|Network Disk Drive|EOL
Message 39 of 99
blitera
Aspirant

Hello,

Same problem here, @DexterJB please help me with a stora name recovery.

Thanks,

Balint

Message 40 of 99
Theaussie
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the same issue with My Stora MS2100. I'm stuck at filling in the product key but the configuration wizzard doesn't exept any of the names I fill in.

Message 41 of 99
Gitsov
Virtuoso

If you download from Netgear support or install Stora support tools from CD when you hit on autorun Setup Stora it will give unit's name, but only in case you still did not reset it to factory defaults. If unit was already reset, then you need to contact Netgear support to release your key.

Message 42 of 99
Theaussie
Aspirant

Thnaks Gitsov. I've contacted support on this.

Message 43 of 99
fuadsaeed
Aspirant

Recovering STORA name ?

Hi! I have the same issue with my Stora - I've recovered trying the device back to factory I have teh  license of the device default, when trying to register it  but I cannot remember it's name abd the passowrd. Nothing on mystora site how to locate my name or reset password - could you please assist how to solve this or share solution of the problem?

It will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Fuad

Message 44 of 99
Gitsov
Virtuoso

Re: Recovering STORA name ?

As I said one post upper:

"Re: recovering STORA name ?

If you download from Netgear support or install Stora support tools from CD when you hit on autorun Setup Stora it will give unit's name, but only in case you still did not reset it to factory defaults. If unit was already reset, then you need to contact Netgear support to release your key."

Please read carefully threads, even if they are longer.

Other possible solutions is digging for logs about unit name in Stora desktop uitils folder or your browser history/autocomplete entries for unit name and password. Generally this is unreliable method and option one is on table.

I am on my way to prepare some scripts which will backup and restore registration from/to working unit, but it is far from final form and will be released only to people who donated via PayPal link. I believe that this is not vital for proper unit work and it is a option, which anyone can live without, so it will be a bit of donationware.

Message 45 of 99
fuadsaeed
Aspirant

Hi Gitsov,

Thank you very much for your assistance. I think is better to get Raspberry PI would be ideal for home NAS.

Kind regards,

Fuad

Product: MS2000
Serial Number: 2783117K01935
Country of Purchase: UK
Purchased on:   10/Jul/2011 Upload proof of purchase
Registered on: 03/Nov/2016

Standard Product Warranty * :

- Hardware Warranty:  Expired on 09/Jul/2014
 - Phone Support: 90 days -> 08/Oct/2011
 - Email Support: 90 days -> 08/Oct/2011
 - Chat Support: 90 days -> 08/Oct/2011
 - Power Supply Warranty:  Expired on 09/Jul/2014
 - Accessories Warranty:  Expired on 09/Jul/2014

Advanced Support / Hardware Contracts:  

Model: ND508|Network Disk Drive|EOL
Message 46 of 99
Gitsov
Virtuoso

My personal opinion is No ...

Because: Usually LAN for R-pi is connected to USB (last 2 models which I looked)- slow performance, compared to PCI-E gigabit lan on Stora

Crappy Sata implementation if it have it at all. SATA for Stora is native.

Processor is dual/quad core, but in fact you won't get much more speed and additional implications will occur with OS/Software. Unless you are not very experienced with Linux and brave enough to spent some long time for setting up and possibly developing some/most of the parts for that setup.

Just log in your "MyNetgear" and on top left there is a option to contact support. Alternatively try to drop mail to support@netgear.com, another option is to contact one of moderators which is linked with Netgear and can drop current registration for you product key. Just look in forums here, there was a thread with such requests. All above options are free and your unit is still working as hardware, issue is software related and it is a relatively easy for resolving.

Message 47 of 99
fuadsaeed
Aspirant

Dear Gitsov,

Thank you for your assistance, you are 100% correct as Rasb-PI has limitation, on this age of life so many device has advance feature which will allow to re-register and reset the password. 

I have sent email to support@netgear.com just hoping someone will send some answers or assist.

kind regards,

Fuad

Message 48 of 99
SaaaaNtA
Aspirant

I don't remember My stora Name.
Please help me

Message 49 of 99
janosd
Aspirant

Hi,

I had to reset my MS2000 Stora because not worked the webui.

I forgot stora name, I figured out it 7 years ago..

Can someone help me?

Netgear support not, says I would buy warrianty. 😞

Message 50 of 99
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7