× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: recovering STORA name ?

celt147
Aspirant

Hi @DexterJB, I have the same issue as above. I have the serial number and product key etc.. However, I do not know the original stora name used.

Could you please help?

Message 76 of 99
Pcyber
Aspirant

Yes you Can find it under nas
Message 77 of 99
Xarmanis
Aspirant

Hi @DexterJB, I also have the exact same issue! I have the serial number and product key and mac address but I can not recall the original stora name used.

Could you please help?

Message 78 of 99
fre-die
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the same problem. After may years of service it decided that it needed to register again. I have the product key but not the STORA name. Please advise how to proceed.

/Fredrik

Message 79 of 99
cagi
Aspirant

Hi,

I have just reflashed my netgear stora, and now I can no t regoster it because I don't remember the initial stora name.. Can anyone give me support?

Regards

Message 80 of 99
tornik
Aspirant

Hi Guys

I'm having a similar issue but this solution does not work for me --- PLEASE HELP

I followed the factory reset procedure step-by-step as specified in the Stora manual. Everything worked perfectly.

Now, when i type in the IP address to the NAS as specified, it does not take me to a login screen, but rather to the "Registration" screen : http:///admin/wizards/setup/wrapper. This screen only gives one option : type NAS key + nas name and submit to mystora.com. I have the key but not the name. Does not matter what i type, it simply fails and does not allow me to continue. 

key: NGVU-AHKF-ADKZ-FMTW

Message 81 of 99
tornik
Aspirant

i forgot name of stora

Message 82 of 99
npetersen
Aspirant

Hi  I have the same problem   can you please assis  

Message 83 of 99
PCF1XR
Aspirant

Hi @DexterJB can you help with recovering my stora name?

I still have the user and password but need to reset the device.  Stuck at trying to remember the name during the reset process.

Model: MS2120|Media Server|EOL
Message 84 of 99
RomanChernykh
Aspirant

Hi, same problem.

I did a hard reset on my NetGear Stora MS2000. But forget the old name Stora. And now I can not re-register. Help solve the problem, please.

Model: MS2000|Media Server|EOL
Message 85 of 99
Pcyber
Aspirant

You can find it under box
Message 86 of 99
RomanChernykh
Aspirant

@DexterJB Can you help me?

Message 87 of 99
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I have an NetGear STORA that's been unused for a while, it contains pretty important backup stuff.

Today I needed to access the files back into a new computer, and I've been surprised on how difficult it is to access the files.

First I thought that it only needed a factory reset, which I did, and then I'm surprised it asks for a long forgotten device name which was used to register it originally, and there's no way to circunvent it, I'm getting the dreaded "unable to register" text that seems everybody is getting here. And, as the text says, "please, get in contact with customer service" which is what I am doing... and just found plenty of people with the same problem.

I'm new here, it seems everybody is asking to @DexterJB for an answer.... of course, I have the serial, etc, and I even have the username/pass ... but not the device name.

This is ridiculous, the device seems to be running, the HDDs seem to be fine, it's just an ill designed software driver that's giving all these headaches!, so please, @DexterJB help us recover the files!

Message 88 of 99
Littlefly
Aspirant

Rif.: recovering STORA name ?

HI 
@DexterJB 

I've recovered my stora but I cannot remember it's name -

could you please help me?

Thank you in advance!

Message 89 of 99
PVoltologe
Tutor

The serial *27829B7102EDF* seem to be registered in the pass but the stora name is unknown meanwhile.

What you need to reset the old name so I can use the setup-utiliy for install again.

Thanks in advance.

Message 90 of 99
Hkn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have the same issue. I cant seems to remeber the Stora name. I've given up. I found my stora not powering up for a long time. Now it's powered up, but stucked at setup asking for product key (not a problem as it's sticked on the Stora) and stora name (my challange). I have a lot of photos on the Stora that will be to sad to loose.

I will appreciate any tip.

Message 91 of 99
PVoltologe
Tutor

I use the direct message channel to @DexterJB and received the following request:

""

Please provide any available information about the Stora.

Serial Number:
Current Product Key:
Stora Name:
Username:
MAC:

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

""

After providing what was left in memory or stickers I got the puzzle sorted out by DexterJB provided feedback information and meanwhile I have access again. Probably until April 2020 (there was a message this week that netgear will stop service).

Message 92 of 99
Chrispybacon100
Aspirant

Hi,

I am having the same trouble resetting my stora. I cant remember the user name and thought I could reset but apparently I have to have the same name I put in with the product key? I am just about to bin the unit but thought I would give it one more shot!

Any ideas? Thanks

Chris

Model: MS2110|Media Server|EOL
Message 93 of 99
Dmitriy19
Aspirant

Hello! Please reset activation of the my NAS Netgear Stora.

Password and original stora name of the device was lost.
Produkt key: NGTH-QGFK-BGGD-FTRU
Serial Number: 2783037201055
Thanks!
Message 94 of 99
Andrey_eav
Aspirant

Hello! Please reset activation of the my NAS Netgear Stora.

Password and original stora name of the device was lost.
Produkt key: NGJC-PUKD-AWUG-JKTB

Thanks!

Message 95 of 99
vshershun
Aspirant

Hi! I have the same issue with my Stora MS2000

II make Hard Reset it but I cannot remember it's name - could you please post an answer to share solution of the problem?

Thank you in advance!

Vladimir

Message 96 of 99
michalr
Aspirant

Same issue - I don't remember the name of my STORA

Message 97 of 99
MabMarius
Aspirant

Hi @DexterJB i have the same problem. and software on the support site is corrupted, can you help me? Thank you in advance!
Message 98 of 99
cureta85
Aspirant

Hello there,

I bought mi ms2100 long time ago (10 year), i could not register again and I saved. I saw no more EOL service, but can you help me to use it has internal NAS in my home network. PLEASE.

Model: MS2110|Media Server|EOL
Message 99 of 99
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7