× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

stora install issues

dv8dan
Aspirant

stora install issues

hey guys....

picked up a stora today and am pulling my hair out with regards to getting it going

have followed all the instructions... and doesn't want to setup?

i've got through to where it creates an account on online but doesn't go any further than that...

the cd software doesn't even seem to be able to see it... unyet i can log directly into it (all be it that it locks up) via it's ip address

i'm at a loss.. i've scoured the net for answers and have come up blank?... can anyone help me?

thanks HEAPS in advance if you can

Dan
Message 1 of 17
robyb
Aspirant

Re: stora install issues

-Error message?
-Screenshots?
-What do you see when you browse by ip?
-What OS/browser are you using?

Thanks,
Roby!
Message 2 of 17
dv8dan
Aspirant

no error messages as such

it goes through the online logon, then goes to log on to the stora and it seems to connect, then brings up "configuring your stora" and just stops

as for running gear... i use firefox and xp

i can actually access the drive through "my computer" and have stuff already stored on there just fine.... but i'd like to set it up so i can acess it from online

thanks again

Dan
Message 3 of 17
robyb
Aspirant

I'm not sure what you mean by "locks up". Does browsing to it's ip display any content at all, a blank page maybe?

You can also try a hard reset... hold the reset button on the back of the unit until you see the HD lights blink 6 times and let go... then wait 10-20 seconds for the blue light to become steady again and start Step1 of the setup cd.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 4 of 17
dv8dan
Aspirant

have tried all the resets and re-installing of software

when i log in to the "Stora agent" it allows me to browse the stora via "my computer"

if i try to directly log into the stora via ip it re-directs to www.mystora.com a asks for log in details... it logs in... then brings up a "configuring stora" screen and it doesn't go any further

any help appreciated

thanks
Dan
Message 5 of 17
robyb
Aspirant

Can you post a screenshot of this "configuring your Stora" page so I can know what step you are at, and we can look into a resolution.

Thanks,
Roby!
Message 6 of 17
ecksfacta
Aspirant

I am having the same issues, I have attempted all day to install this bloody thing.

After the Administrator Account Creation page on the setup CD, i enter all the details and then it stalls for a while and then just shows a blank window without content - only the Netgear Stora icons in the top left corner and the pics of the cogs and the text "Configuring your Stora" under that.

I have hard reset the thing i dont know how may times (only way I start the setup CD) reinstalled the modem and router (modem Netgear DG632, wireless router WGT624v3) and still nothing.

Please help before I throw the thing across the room and make a door stop of it....
Message 7 of 17
ecksfacta
Aspirant

ecksfacta wrote:
I am having the same issues, I have attempted all day to install this bloody thing.

After the Administrator Account Creation page on the setup CD, i enter all the details and then it stalls for a while and then just shows a blank window without content - only the Netgear Stora icons in the top left corner and the pics of the cogs and the text "Configuring your Stora" under that.

I have hard reset the thing i dont know how may times (only way I start the setup CD) reinstalled the modem and router (modem Netgear DG632, wireless router WGT624v3) and still nothing.

Please help before I throw the thing across the room and make a door stop of it....

I forgot to add, running firefox, vista and I cant even see the drive on my computer - but can see it via the network (only before it goes to the blank screen).

I have also attempted running the setup through another laptop with explorer and xp and exactly the same thing occurs
Message 8 of 17
ecksfacta
Aspirant

I've just had a quick look on youtube and it seems to have the blank page at the point when it should be checking for the software update and a summary of the LAN connection address.... I tried overnight and left it and still the blank screen.
Message 9 of 17
CrustyNoodle
Novice

Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I am experiencing the same thing during the setup procedure - after the screen where you enter username and password etc the next screen is just the "Configuring your stora" screen (cogs) with nothing else.

Are there some settings we should be checking on the router or what is likely to be the issue.

How does one go about debugging this thing?
Message 10 of 17
guanaba69
Aspirant

hey I have the same problem, did any of you guys get yrs working? if so please tell me how? Thanks.
Message 11 of 17
MaFei
Aspirant

I have the same problem, after running the installation from the CD. The screen just stays on "Configuring your stora".

The system is still responsive.
Message 12 of 17
georgeandphil
Aspirant

I have had the exact same problem and spent several days trying to sort it or waiting for support to ring back (which they failed to do on three out of three occasions). Eventually got to talk to someone who was not just reading from a troubleshooting algorithm and they said it was a fault in the stora and it had to be returned. Replacement awaited and will update if the same happens again.
Message 13 of 17
CMc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well would you believe it I to have the same problem

just sits there with cogs and configuring your stora...

Port forwarding checks OK

Multiple resets (comes up with an error - page 3 of reset script not found)

2nd hard reset (pin in the back & 6 light cycles)

Nothing works.....

Looking at the last post, I need to begin repacking for return

Any other ideas?

Yours in hope
CMc 😞
Message 14 of 17
Clarksolutions
Aspirant

I have the same issues exactly.

Tried everything. That is on the forum.

Set up several of these NAS drives this is the most complex I have ever seen. Had it for 2 weeks and still get no further than the setup screen
Just says configuring stora.
Message 15 of 17
Harley2570
Aspirant

Having the same problem, did you eventually find a solution or was replacing the item the only remedy??
Message 16 of 17
lonewheel
Aspirant

I have exactly the same problem, after wasting most of my weekend on resets and reboots the application still just stalls on 'Configuring your Stora'. My network is completely open.

Does anybody at Netgear even care about this problem? Look at all the unanswered questions about this. It's the last Netgear product I buy!
Message 17 of 17
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7