× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: swapped disks from one ms2110

t_knightt
Aspirant

swapped disks from one ms2110

I have a MS2110 NAS that failed, (not the hard drive but the unit itself.  I bought a secondary unit.  What do I need to do to swap the drives (Raid 1, 2x 1TB) from one NAS to the other and keep the data

Thank you

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
t_knightt
Aspirant

With some research I've been able to retreive the data itself.  Used Ubuntu and was able to transfer the data only to a different drive.  I will definitely never used another system like this in the future.  It might be user friendly, and as long as only the drives fail you're OK.  But if the unit fails it's a pain to retreive the data.  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @t_knightt,

Since this is an entirely new unit, setting it up will require you to format the drives again. I recommend backing up the contents of the drives to another computer/storage device first before setting it up. You can use a Linux computer to read the data off the drives and back them up before inserting them to the new unit.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
t_knightt
Aspirant

With some research I've been able to retreive the data itself.  Used Ubuntu and was able to transfer the data only to a different drive.  I will definitely never used another system like this in the future.  It might be user friendly, and as long as only the drives fail you're OK.  But if the unit fails it's a pain to retreive the data.  

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7