× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR System Upgrade Scheduled on Thursday 12/14 at 10:30PM PST Has Been Successfully Completed

BretD
Admin

NETGEAR System Upgrade Scheduled on Thursday 12/14 at 10:30PM PST Has Been Successfully Completed

In order to make your NETGEAR experience better, NETGEAR online services will be temporarily unavailable as we make maintenance upgrades on Thursday, December 14, 2017 approximately from 10:30-10:45pm PST. During this time new customers will not be able to sign in or register their product.  For existing customers, your products will continue to operate normally but you will not be able to sign in to your account during that time. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

The NETGEAR Team.netgear-logo-white-on-black.png

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Admin

Re: NETGEAR System Upgrade Scheduled on Thursday 12/14 at 10:30PM PST Has Been Successfully Complete

Dear NETGEAR Customer,

We are happy to report that the NETGEAR system upgrades have been successfully implemented and all services are restored.

If you experience any issues with registering your product or logging into your account, please reply to this post with details. Please be sure to include the product name and model number in your description so we can better assist you.

- The NETGEAR Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9

All Replies
ChristineT
Admin

Re: NETGEAR System Upgrade Scheduled on Thursday 12/14 at 10:30PM PST Has Been Successfully Complete

Dear NETGEAR Customer,

We are happy to report that the NETGEAR system upgrades have been successfully implemented and all services are restored.

If you experience any issues with registering your product or logging into your account, please reply to this post with details. Please be sure to include the product name and model number in your description so we can better assist you.

- The NETGEAR Team

Message 2 of 9
Aribb
Aspirant

Hi,
Since last night I have not been able to connect properly to the internet. I have called my ISP (Comcast) twice and they say it is an issue with my modem/router. Can you help?
Model: C3000|N300 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 3 of 9
Jackrealtor
Aspirant

I cannot connect most of my devices to the wifi router for the last 2 or so days. it's been terribly time consuming and I've even sought and replaced my cable modem to see if that's the issue. NO.

I tried to sign on for help and somehow my unit was already registered by someone at Netgear for me (I can't recall calling for help but now I can't register my unit ser # 44435277A0D0F)

sometimes it hooks up to my ipad or my laptop and desktop wirelessly however my Samsung Galaxy 8S + cannot connect, it trys and then drops in seconds. HELP!

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 4 of 9
rsheph
Aspirant

I’m unable to login from a web browser to my admin account as when I try a page opens and wants to recover my password, which I haven’t even entered yet. So I followed the prompts and I got to the two security questions and they were totally different from what I had written down in my notes. What’s really interesting is when I open up netgear genie and click on network map, it ask’s for my admin password and I put it in and it logs me right in without any problems. Anyway I need help re-setting my admin password to be able to log in from a web browser.

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 5 of 9
ValerieP66
Aspirant

Are you using the Nighthawk 7000?   I've not been able to stay connected either for the past several days!  I have the Dual Band mentioned above and my 5Ghz stays connected pretty well but the 2.4 Ghz keeps dropping.  We would really like it if someone could tell us what has happened?  Did the update on the 14th mess stuff up?  I don't remember downloading it but stranger things have happened.

Message 6 of 9
WHTMTN
Tutor

Unable to login to my router.  Getting message that client is not authorized.  

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 9
Kastew668
Aspirant

Since December the 14th my data usage has exploded by 100% daily.  From less than 4 gb per day to over 40 gb per day.  I have contacted my provider, nothing on their end.  I shut everything down for 2 days 0 usage.  Restarted my Netgear and bam...30 gb in one day.  I am on a 150 gb per month.  This is killing me in overages.  Any help would be appreciated.

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 8 of 9
dynamiX
Star

how about sniffing your traffic and see what's going on and most important, what client is causing this?

you can do so for example using wireshark https://www.wireshark.org/download.html

that would be helpfull i guess also for the guys at netgear to be able to help you

also, check your security. maybe something is open and you've got some visitors?

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7