× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 keeps disconnecting

JayBeeke
Follower

A6210 keeps disconnecting

Both my A6210s have become useless pieces of plastic. They keep disconnecting intermittently from the USB port, as they have done on multiple motherboards (starting about two years after getting the first one), in multiple USB ports, etc. Sometimes it happens 5 times in less than 10 minutes, sometimes it doesn't happen all afternoon.

I've tried all available troubleshooting (the power setting in Win10, the USB 3 setting in Win11), to no avail. I even bought a second A6210 just to make sure it wasn't the hardware. Please advise, because right now switching brands, never ever returning to Netgear and telling everyone about this awful experience seems like the most sensible option.

Message 1 of 2

Re: A6210 keeps disconnecting

@JayBeeke wrote:

Both my A6210s have become useless pieces of plastic.

This place is for SMART Wi-Fi, General and Legacy Routers not USB gubbins.

You won't get much informed help with your somewhat ancient adapter here. (It dates back to 2014, before Windows 10, and there hasn't been an update since 2017.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section. That's probably here:

WiFi Adapters - NETGEAR Communities

You might like to search there for messages related to your problem.

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

Check for various troubleshooting tips.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7