× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 driver error

Bocchiere
Aspirant

A7000 driver error

So I cannot update my drivers (code 28 drivers are not installed). I have windows 10. I tried running the automatic update but it cannot find it for the router. I tried restarting the computer this did not help. I uninstalled the router, restarted, and let it reinstall and this did not help. I downloaded the latest software off the Netgear site, ran the genie, this did not help. I know the router isn't broken my computer is still detecting that it is plugged in and what it is, it just won't do anything because of this. I am not computer savvy and really need some help.

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
mondenath
Prodigy

Re: A7000 driver error

Dont install 15 it is having issue with windows

try the earlier 11 version it works fine.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

This is not a Router, it's a WiFi Adapter with a dedicated forum section, this is why a moderator has moved your post (it just disappeared from the other forum section while I was replying).

Open the Windows 10 Control Panel ... go to System ... Device Manager ... to the Network adapters ... select the A7000 one (I?ve none- this showing an Inhell one here) ...goto it's Properties ... Drivers ... and use the [Uninstall Device (Advanced)].

Reboot the Windows 10 system, and retry the driver installation.

Message 2 of 5
Bocchiere
Aspirant

Sorry I mispoke. I've tried that already, following those steps and then restarting the computer, and it did not fix the problem. I go back into Device Manager and the A7000 still does not have drivers installed and searching automatically does not turn anything up. I tried doing it manually and selecting the folder I extracted the most recent software update too, but that does not work either. I got that download here. https://www.netgear.com/support/product/A7000.aspx#Software%20Version%201.0.0.15%20(Windows)

It runs and completes but there is no change.

Message 3 of 5
mondenath
Prodigy

Dont install 15 it is having issue with windows

try the earlier 11 version it works fine.

Message 4 of 5
Bocchiere
Aspirant

Thank you, that fixed it!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements