× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 keeps getting a 169.254 IP address

jossspark
Follower

A7000 keeps getting a 169.254 IP address

I just got the XB7-T Router from Xfinity to replace my AC1900 Linksys router.  The A7000 has been working great and I have not had any issues with it until I got the new router.  My computer (Windows 10 64-bit 1909) connects to the Router but it says that I have no internet access and give me a 169.254 IP address.  I have tried uninstalling the drivers, restarting the computer, restart the router, used the ipconfig /release /flushdns and /renew commands and they fail every time.  I Uninstalled the Netgear Genie and then reinstalled it. Tried connecting with the WPS button.  Every other device in the house has not had any issues. We have about 4 Laptops, 5 mobile phones, 4 Smart TVs, Xbox One, 2 Nintendo Switches that all connected without an issue.  This is incredibly frustrating.  This device cost over 80 dollars and was purchased a year ago.  There is no reason that it should not work with the new router.  Please Help!

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7