× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connection trouble - A6100 with driver v1.0.0.36 on win 8.1

Mikaeldk
Aspirant

Connection trouble - A6100 with driver v1.0.0.36 on win 8.1

Hi

I have a Netgear A6100 usb dongle on an older stationary win 8.1. I connect via my phone hotspot.
I have so many issues just getting it up and running. After a long "ceremony" trying a lot of things, I migth get it to work. Next day same issues, but then I need to try another ceremony of actions and I migth get the connection, but then I am on for like 20 seconds and then I can't acces the internet again. In this case the "bars" for connection are still there.
I try different settings on my phone/hotspot.

It seeems like only wpa2 or wpa/wpa3 can work and then it can only find it with 2.4 ghz. Wifi 6 is turned off.

Today I ran the troubleshooting thing for network in windows, resseting connections and all that and it did still not work. Then I moved it to another USB port, that I used some days ago and suddenly it works agian.

Tommorow or later it will probably be something else and then I try moving it back to the other usb port, resseting wifi or change password or change some other settings, restarting the pc and after a new ceremony of trying different stuff I might get it to work again.

I seems like there is a glitch somewhere thats needs resetting a lot of random stuff before it works again.

Message 1 of 2

Re: Connection trouble - A6100 with driver v1.0.0.36 on win 8.1

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7