× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extender Suddenly not Connecting To PC

payt
Follower

Extender Suddenly not Connecting To PC

Hello,
I have had the netgear wifi extender ex2700 for a long time now. I have it plugged into my wall and I have an ethernet cable connecting from the extender to my pc.
This has worked for a long time, however when launching my pc it suddenly stopped working. I tried shutting down my computer, restarting my network settings, unplugging and replugging both the extender and each end of the ethernet cable. However, this is the first time I have turned on my computer and the netgear genie has popped up. After finishing registration, it stated “connect any wifi enabled device like you would connect them to your main network, using the credentials below”. Since my motherboard does not have wifi support, the whole reason I got the extender was to connect my wifi through ethernet and I cannot simply just “connect” through settings. My router is working and is connected, it is simply just not allowing me to connect to my pc.
This is unbelievably frustrating, I accept any responses
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Extender Suddenly not Connecting To PC

Do you have a phone to see if the wireless is working? 

The EX2700, if setup properly, the ethernet should work without user intervention as it doesn't have an AP mode. 

Did you set it up using the push button WPS option? 

If so, factory reset the extender  and set it up using the installation assistant.

To factory reset, push and hold the reset button for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Here's a video of how to use the assistant. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7