× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Iis there a way to delete WPS supported networks on my Netgear A6100 Genie app?

SomeRandomGamer
Follower

Iis there a way to delete WPS supported networks on my Netgear A6100 Genie app?

Is there a way to delete WPS supported networks on my Netgear A6100 Genie app? My OS is windows 10. I have 4 networks: 1. 5 GHZ band WPS support 2. 2,4 GHZ band WPS support 3. 5 GHZ band no WPS support and 4. 2.4 GHZ band no WPS support I recently figured out that my current computer does not like WPS support at all and my ping constantly and randomly just spikes through the roof. Even if I connect to the one without WPS support, after about a few minutes, it just connects back to the WPS support network. So every time it does that, I constantly have to manually go to my Netgear Genie app and reconnect to the network without WPS support and it's getting really annoying. Please help. Link to model of network adapter: https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/adapters/a6100/
Message 1 of 2

Re: Iis there a way to delete WPS supported networks on my Netgear A6100 Genie app?

@SomeRandomGamer wrote:
Is there a way to delete WPS supported networks on my Netgear A6100 Genie app?

WPS networks? I thought this was related to routers and clients rather than networks.

If you aren't using WPS to connect to a network, it isn't doing anything. You might like to investigate other possible issues with your network.

I constantly have to manually go to my Netgear Genie app and reconnect to the network without WPS support and it's getting really annoying.

There is no need for the Netgear Genie app in Windows. The PC should work well without it. Just set up the wifi so that the A6100 connects automatically.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series