× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is A6210 wifi USB adaptor compatible with USB2.0?!

AndyB2018
Follower

Is A6210 wifi USB adaptor compatible with USB2.0?!

Hi!  Can anyone help,please?

I just bought bought an A6210 AC2100 Wifi USB adaptor.  On the box it says best performance with USB3.0.  Compatible with USB 1.1, USB2.0.  It also says this in the shop where I bought it:

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/3789610

I installed the software from the disk but the adaptor was not found when connected.  I installed the latest version of the software using a hard wire connection. No joy.  I downloaded and installed an older version of the software but still the adaptor does not work.  Each time the software installed correctly (and then I removed it before installing the next version).

I'm using Windows 7, USB 2.0. and on the box it says compatible with USB2.0.

Is there a specific version of the software I should be using or is the box and the shop's product listing wrong?  Any ideas most welcome or else I'll have to be a grumpy customer asking for my money back.

Cheers, Andy  

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 2

Re: Is A6210 wifi USB adaptor compatible with USB2.0?!

USB2, USB3, it shouldn't matter.

There is a manual and other stuff for the A6120 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> A6210 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<

I'd lay money that the software and drivers there are more up to date than anything that came in the box. Is that where you got your drivers?

Have you tried the USB device in a different USB port on the PC?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7