× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issues connection and use Netgear A6100

Mikaeldk
Aspirant

Issues connection and use Netgear A6100

Hi

I have a Netgear A6100 usb dongle on an older stationary win 8.1. I connect via my phone hotspot.
I have so many issues just getting it up and running. After a long "ceremony" trying a lot of things, I migth get it to work. Next day same issues, but then I need to try another ceremony of actions and I migth get the connection, but then I am on for like 20 seconds and then I can't acces the internet again. In this case the "bars" for connection are still there.
I try different settings on my phone/hotspot. It seeems like only wpa2 or wpa/wpa3 can work and then it can only find it with 2.4 ghz. Wifi 6 is off.

How do I get it to run stable and connect every time?
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Issues connection and use Netgear A6100

is the windows 8.1 computer updated?

what driver did you install? 

Did you install the stand alone driver or the full utility?

Message 2 of 4
Mikaeldk
Aspirant

thx, Well kind of a dillema to update when it is not working probably :), but it should be relative up date. They are stopping with updates to windows 8.1, so I am not sure whether that will cause issues, but I mean sometimes it does work.

Today I used this looking for issues feature and at first it did not work, then I just move the dongle to another USB port I used the other day and now it works. Tommorow or later it will likely be something else...

I have installed A6100-v1.0.0.36 .

Message 3 of 4
Mikaeldk
Aspirant

I have installed this Netgear Genie software and driver A6100-v1.0.0.36.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7