× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Limited or no connectivity

pixturman
Follower

Limited or no connectivity

I have a wg121 usb wireless adapter which I have used on another desktop before with no problems. I just got a new used computer that has xp sp3 and I wanted to connect the adapter to it so I downloaded the newest driver, 2.0 but in the release notes it says "This release does not support WPA with NETGEAR's user interface." my router  uses WPA so i downloaded an older version, 1.1 and installed it, As I installed it I got a window message stating it was not Windows verified but I installed it anyhow, Everything installed ok and it says it is connected to my router but no network shows so I can enter the username password which doesn't make sense because I had to enter it on my laptops...the icon on the taskbar that has the little monitor is green and both lights on the adaptor are lit but the network icon has a triangle with a ! in it and says no or limited connectivity, SOOOOOO aggrivated.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Limited or no connectivity

Hi pixturman,

Possible issue is the driver is not compatible with the OS service pack and the also not compatible with security options.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi pixturman,

Possible issue is the driver is not compatible with the OS service pack and the also not compatible with security options.

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi pixturman,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7