× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0 firmware V1.011.134

Brice123
Tutor

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0 firmware V1.011.134

Hi, My new Router is losing connection at least once a day. Mostly around 9:00PM I have to reboot it and everything works fine till the next day. Before I call and deal with Netgear does anyone have any suggestions? I Have read maybe changing the name of the Network etc. 

I have a 400Mps down and 20Mps up 

Firmwear is up to date. 

Thanks for any info. 

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 19
plemans
Guru

Re: Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0 firmware V1.011.134

What router do you have? 
what firmware is on the router?

What modem/gateway is the router connected to? 

(hint, these were asked on your last thread and not answered, details are key)

Message 2 of 19

Is the A7000 WiFi USB Adapter listed in your footer involved in this in anyway? Or did you just click the first thing that popped up when you wrote your message?

If not then this is not the right place to seek help with a router.

If the A7000 is involved, why do you think that this has anything to do with your lost connections?

As @plemans says, details matter. At the moment it is anybody's guess as to what is going on at your end.

Message 3 of 19
Brice123
Tutor

I have a A7000 Night hawk router. It is dropping connection around 9PM at night every night. I gave all the information in the subject line with the firmware. 

Message 4 of 19
Brice123
Tutor

They are in the subject line it is a A7000 Nighthawk router. Firmware is also posted there. Firmware is up to date. Don't know Spectrum modem. 

Message 5 of 19
plemans
Guru

A7000 is a usb wireless adapter. Not a router. 

And "dropping every night" doesn't say what actually happens. 

Do devices say "connected, no internet", does the wifi stop broadcasting entirely, does it broadcast but you can't connect, do wired devices have issues as well, does it happen to both 2.4ghz and 5ghz at the same time. Details are key. We're not there to see what you're doing or whats actually happening so they more we know, the more we can help you. 

So help us to help you. 

Message 6 of 19

@Brice123 wrote:

They are in the subject line it is a A7000 Nighthawk router. Firmware is also posted there. Firmware is up to date. Don't know Spectrum modem. 

There is no such thing as an "A7000 Nighthawk router". That is the model number of a USB adapter. (See your earlier footer.)

Routers often start with an R. So you may have the R7000.

That does have a firmware version V1.011.134, but this is no guarantee that you own an R7000. Netgear can use the same firmware version, but not the same firmware, for different devices.

Perhaps you can confirm the model number.

model number

While you are at it, answer the other question from @plemans. What is the modem/gateway, if there is one, that sits between your router and the Internet.

Apologies for all the questions. But you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Message 7 of 19
Brice123
Tutor

Yes sorry R7000 AC1900

I don't know router/gateway. It is a modem supplied by Spectrum the internet company. Everything was working fine then the last week it started kicking me off. I have to reboot and everything works fine till about 9 or 10PM at night then I have to do it all over again. 

Message 8 of 19

@Brice123 wrote:

I don't know router/gateway.

Does it have  a label on the side? Most do.

Many ISPs supply modem/routers. This complicates issues.

Does the modem have a row of Ethernet ports on the back?

Message 9 of 19
plemans
Guru

The modem will have a label with a model number on it. 

And "kicking you off" isn't any  more specific. 

I struggle to help with these types of posts because I get tired of fighting to get details the OP should be including. 

Good luck with your issue @Brice123. I'm signing off as I can't help without details and I won't fight anymore to get them from you. 

Message 10 of 19
Brice123
Tutor

No just one of internet to the router. 

I will have to write back after I get home from work to check on that. Thanks for your help.

Message 11 of 19
Brice123
Tutor

Wow okay sorry. Didn't know I needed all this info. Kicking off means internet drops out. I have internet coming from my modem but it stops at my router. Internet connection from the router is lost. 

Like I told the other guy I will have to check when I get home to see the numbers on the modem from Spectrum. Sorry I am not as technical as you and you're not fighting me for answers, as I don't know the answers to your question. Thanks for trying to help though. 

Message 12 of 19

@Brice123 wrote:

I have internet coming from my modem but it stops at my router. Internet connection from the router is lost. 

You may think we are being picky with these questions, but they are important. There are just so many ways in which a network can die, and many possible causes, It is very easy to blame the router, but in reality it is just one link in the chain, and probably not even the most vulnerable.

For example, what tells you that the Internet stops at your router?

Does the Internet light go off?  Do the wifi LEDs go off?

What loses the Internet? Wifi devices? All of them? Wired devices?

I can think of other questions but that is enough to go on.

Message 13 of 19
plemans
Guru

@Brice123 wrote:

Kicking off means internet drops out. I have internet coming from my modem but it stops at my router. Internet connection from the router is lost. ---again, doesn't say what happens. I went over a whole list of things that describes it in more detail. And its key as we don't know if your wifi stops broadcasting, if its broadcasting but devices won't connect, if devices connect but aren't getting a connection back to modem, or even if a parental control/schedule is stopping it. "kicked off" isn't descriptive enough. 

Message 14 of 19
Brice123
Tutor

When I am watching TV it stops working that is wired. Phone stops working. 

ALL lights stay on nothing changes indicating it lost internet. All devices lose connection. 

Message 15 of 19
Brice123
Tutor

Tech I spoke with thinks it could be frequency. I am about to just do a hard reset and call it a day. Or throw this garbage in the trash. Netgear is horrible. 

Message 16 of 19

@Brice123 wrote:

Tech I spoke with thinks it could be frequency. I am about to just do a hard reset and call it a day.

That doesn't make much sense. Either that or, yet again, your description is devoid of useful details.

Your persistent failure to answer simple questions makes it all but impossible to diagnose what might be going wrong.

It took eight messages to get you to tell us which device we are talking about.

We still don't know what the LEDs on your router look like when you are "kicked off", whatever that means.

Message 17 of 19
Brice123
Tutor

I don’t need you condescending me. Took 8 times to get information out of me? Sorry didn’t know what you wanted. Don’t worry about it dude.

Thanks for your attempted help.
Message 18 of 19

@Brice123 wrote:
Sorry didn’t know what you wanted.

Hint. Read messages and supply the answers requested.

If you don't understand the questions ask for an explanation.

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7