× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear axe3000 wifi 6e adapter crashing my pc's

ThomasDaTrain
Follower

Netgear axe3000 wifi 6e adapter crashing my pc's

I have a netgear Axe3000, model a8000 and I have a brand new pc. If i use the adapter it crashes my pc here and there for no damn reason. Its usually when i launch heavy programs like a game. It will blue screen and crash. It took me about 3 months to figure it out. The only reason i found out is because i used the adapter on another one of my computers and it did the same thing, random blue screen crashing. Drivers are up to date. ive used generic drivers and netgear drivers but have the same issue. If I were to plug it in or unplug the adpater when my pc is on, it will automatically blue screen. at this point im very upset. Both pc's are running windows 11 version 22h2. 

here is the error report

Source
Windows

Summary
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
‎7/‎19/‎2023 7:11 PM

Status
Not reported

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
Code: 139
Parameter 1: 3
Parameter 2: ffff95883fc9eff0
Parameter 3: ffff95883fc9ef48
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_22621
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
OS Version: 10.0.22621.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Please help... lol

Message 1 of 2

Re: Netgear axe3000 wifi 6e adapter crashing my pc's

One thought is that you might need to track down newer drivers for your motherboard's USB and network chips, especially when using Windows 11.

These drivers aren't always easy to find. Windows Update won't help. The first place to start is with the PC maker and its support for whatever motherboard it uses.

Deeper down the supply chain are the chip makers, folks like Intel and Realtek.

No guarantee that it will get you anywhere, but the steady flow of messages here about crashing USB adapters doesn't seem to get any response from Netgear.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7