× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Wifi adapters compatibility with Macs M1-M3 series

SeaArthropod
Follower

Nighthawk Wifi adapters compatibility with Macs M1-M3 series

Hello community. 

I want to ask you all if you have any suggestions about Wi-Fi adapaters that are compatible with Macs that have the new M1-M3 chips and OS version higher than 10.5, since thats where most wifi adapter drivers compatibilities stop. I've seen rumors that the Netgear Nighthawk AXE3000 USB2.0/3.0 is compatible but is it really?

Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk Wifi adapters compatibility with Macs M1-M3 series

@SeaArthropod wrote:

I've seen rumors that the Netgear Nighthawk AXE3000 USB2.0/3.0 is compatible but is it really?

With luck a MacOS user will step in and answer our question.

It might be easier if you said which Netgear model you have in mind. AXE3000 is not a unique Netgear model number. Many devices come with the AC/AX tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and others, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

My guess is that it is the A8000. The documentation does not claim that this adapter  supports Macs. There is no software download for Macs.

Netgear has a hard time keeping up with Apple's changes. Even devices that start off as MacOS compatible, can get killed by an Apple update. That's not really surprising considering Apple's aversion to third party brands for anything.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7