× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Trouble switching to the A6100 wifi

sdafghjghgfh
Follower

Trouble switching to the A6100 wifi

Screenshot_1.pngI was just wondering if theres an easier way for me to connect to my other wifi. The one with the less bars is the netgear one, and rarely ever disconnects for me but it usually takes over like 20 times of connecting for it to finally switch from the default one. Switching from the wifi tab on my pc doesnt work either because they would both just say connected.

Thanks 

Message 1 of 3

Re: Trouble switching to the A6100 wifi

@sdafghjghgfh wrote:

I was just wondering if theres an easier way for me to connect to my other wifi.

That should be down to your Windows (?) PC.

Your "other wifi" will have its own SSID.

Windows 11 has this:

michaelkenward_0-1720261409284.png

It shows the WiFi sources near me. I then pick the one I want to connect to.

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Trouble switching to the A6100 wifi

There are -two- downloads contained in the as of writing current A6100 downloads:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059141/A6100-Software-Version-1-0-0-36

Software Included

A6100-V1.0.0.36.exe.zip

A6100-V1.0.0.36_standalone.exe.zip

On modern Windows 7, 10, and 11 (yeah) you don't have to run this long time obsolete Netgear application (once downloaded again, uninstall it from the Windows software list), and install the drivers only, why ever obfuscated as "standlone" by Netgear. 

Once recognized in Windows, you can configure and use it by standard Windows functions, no more Netgear junk application - a relict from the earlier Windows generations.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series