× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wnce3001 LAN link down

mrsixstrings12
Aspirant

wnce3001 LAN link down

Hello! I am trying to use my netgear wnce3001 to allow an aquarium controller to be accessed wirelessly. The wnce3001 displays a solid green light, showing that it is connected to my home internet. When I access my home router's webpage, via IP address, the wnce3001 shows up as being connected. The aquarium controller that I am connecting to displays a green light by it's ethernet port, showing that it recognizes something is plugged in. When I type in the adapter's IP address and go to the netgear wizard's statistics page, it shows the LAN  as being "Link down". How do I go about fixing this? The adapter's firmware is updated, the aquarium controller's formware is updated and also works when wired directly to the router.

Router's IP address: 192.168.0.1

WNCE3001 IP address: 192.168.0.12

Aquarium controller's default IP address: 192.168.1.50

Aquarium controller's IP address that I manually put in: 192.168.0.50

I also tried changing the aquarium controller's gateway to my router's IP and also the wnce3001's IP and neither worked.

Model: WNCE3001|Universal Dual Band Wireless Internet Adapter
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: wnce3001 LAN link down

Hi mrsixstrings12,

Configure the adapter first using the computer. Since it can go online, then connect it to the controller. Set the controllers IP in same range as the router.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi mrsixstrings12,

The default gateway of the controller should be the IP of the router. Can you connect a different device on the WNCE3001 and check if it will connect.

Message 2 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi mrsixstrings12,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 6
mrsixstrings12
Aspirant

I currently have the adapter plugged into my macbook, the macbook's wireless is turned off, and the internet is working perfectly fine. It seems the issue is the adapter and aquarium controller communicating.

Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi mrsixstrings12,

Configure the adapter first using the computer. Since it can go online, then connect it to the controller. Set the controllers IP in same range as the router.

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi mrsixstrings12,

Did it work for you?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation